• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion on a non Cold Fusion page!

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current situation is that I'm working with a vastly out of date site that is massive. 30,000+ pages. The current technologies available are PHP and ASP, but I'm a Cold Fusion developer and withing 4 months the site will be hosted on a Cold Fusion server. The problem I'm facing right now is how to work with what I have during that time and then not have to worry about rewriting code once the move is complete. That means writing stuff in php and asp is out.

I've heard a bit about packing ColdFusion code into a java war file and using that on an html page. I've tried googling but it was a bit lacking in results. Could anyone point me to "how to do this" guides?

I have access to a production Cold Fusion server to test and run code if that need be but because of how things are integrated in the site it wouldn't be possible to just send people back and forth, and frames were ruled out already.

So, is it possible to create cold fusion code that connects to a oracle database, and then package it and pop it on a server that doesn't have a cold fusion server on it?

Make my day!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, is it possible to create cold fusion code that connects to a oracle
database, and then package it and pop it on a server that doesn't have a
cold fusion server on it?

Make my day!

Potentially if the server has a compatible J2EE server (JRun, WebSphere,
ect.) or possible Blue Dragon. But otherwise, No. You must have
ColdFusion installed to run CFML, but it does not have to be installed
on the same server as the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a question for ASP or PHP developers. In ColdFusion, I'd look at CFHTTP as a way of getting info from another server and integrating it into my CF page. If there is a similar command in ASP or PHP, you could incorporate these as server side includes on your html pages, going to your CF server to run the database query and return the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Copy all of the files to a suitable CF server* immediately.

Then on the original server, setup the web server (Apache or IIS) to 307 redirect** all traffic to the CF server.
The CF server then handles all processing with no more involvement by the original server.

The user's links and view of the site are unaffected.

When the final server is ready, remove the 307 redirect.

* The CF server must be publicly visible and capable of handling the site's traffic.
** A 307 redirect is the "temporarily moved" redirect. Similar to the 301 but does not alter the user's perception of the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation