• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get following message:

Adobe® Flash® Player Update Service 11.3 r300 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How can I solve this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 20, 2012 Jul 20, 2012

This should be fixed in the next Flash Player release.

In the meantime see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4543710#4543710

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should be fixed in the next Flash Player release.

In the meantime see http://forums.adobe.com/message/4543710#4543710

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as Quke:

I am running XP Pro SP3 [current] and IE8 [current]

After downloading either archived or latest version of Flash Player then I go to Control Panel, click on Flash Player, then click on Advanced Tab, I see this:

ActiveX Version: the version number

Plug-in Version: Not installed [highlight/ emphasis mine]

Why would the Plug-in Version NOT INSTALL? This IS the problem. As a result, IE8 is running with add-ons disabled continuously with no way to re-enable them

since this is an ActiveX issue; which is not installing.

Chris Campbell from Adobe suggested the SubInACL Installer; forget that. He said to download the attached .zip folder; there isn't one and to perform a

few additional steps which are moot since there is no .zip file.

This isn't just a windows problem. Mac users are experiencing the same thing.

Pat, two questions:

1-do you work for Adobe?

2-are you having this problem?

I appreciate your input.

Brian

P.S. This site is terrible in regards to layout/ navigation. Surprising considering they are primarily known for design software not to mention being a billion

dollar company.        

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is utterly unacceptable.  This problem is going on for weeks without a fix, public apology or announcement.

I concluded long ago that Flash is awful, but had to use it because so many other large sites required it.  Well, now I see those sites going away from it, and am cheering loudly.

This site's search is really awful too, I put in the exact error message and it found no postings.  It gives a "did you mean" list, which has threads such as this one, which ought to be an exact match.

You should give investors their money back, Adobe.  Ripoff:  http://quotes.wsj.com/ADBE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2012 Jul 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People,

Listen. This service is, has been and seemingly will be: FREE. So while emotions are running on the hot side of the guage, let's remember; it is FREE. Adobe owes no one anything. Now who's to blame, really? We, the people are to blame. Why? Because everyone has been ok with the fact that one company essentially designed and released a technology for streaming from the net. One company. And almost all of us are using this one company's technology to stream; for FREE.

But now we are not ok with it when, after we are prompted to update, we have the issue of it not working? We all never saw the ridiculously high potential for this one company to screw things up, intentionally or otherwise? What the ramifications, that we are now experiencing, might be? Nah, we just took it for granted that we would continue to be served. Well the serve came, everyone. Mistake or otherwise.

It's like this country [US], up until four-years ago. Everyone was either running around with snow shovels and hefty garbage bags to gather all the money they were making or sailing the seas of expectation and an, 'I am out there to get mine' attitude, and then the sh*t hits the fan and now people are complaining? About the very system until four years ago was spoon feeding them poolside with mai-tai's? While it was crushing everyone else in the known world?

No doubt it seems incredulous that a multi-billion dollar company has an IT department that would include in an update, for their own software, that would be inconducive to working. No doubt. But keep in mind: we are all either using browsers by Apple or MS. Anything happens to these browsers, including a virus or anything else that threatens our use of them and...?

So climb off the haughty, 'I deserve' crap and walk on the solid ground of trying to resolve this issue here at Adobe and around the net. If we were to band together, as the 99%, we could solve this, no problem. But then that holds true with resolving this fictitious economic downturn nonsense, that we solidly take for truth at face value, because our mainstream media says so. But no other species on this rock flying through space would know what the f*ck we were talking about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2012 Jul 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free? I'm a web developer and I've been paying a hefty price to use the Flash software for years and years. If there were no Flash player, what good would the Flash software be? And how could Adobe make millions selling it? I'm also really sick of this pop up error. Get it together Adobe. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't matter.  Google "promissory estoppel."  In plain English, if

• there was a promise
  • that was reasonably relied upon
  • resulting in legal detriment to the promisee
  • justice requires enforcement of the promise

Then it doesn't matter if it is free.  There is value in all of those things.  They've gone out of their way to induce us to rely on that software, they can't just say "so long suckers!" and walk off.  We do deserve good stuff, no haughtiness necessary.

Personally, I think the problem is in the endemic exculpatory clauses.  Corporations should be held responsible for the damage their intellectual properties do.  It doesn't matter what I think, it matters what everyone thinks.  When everyone realizes this should be a matter of product liability law, things might change.  We'll get past all this "new paradigm" garbage and get things that will last and be reliable.  Unfortunately, it will take a few cycles of "don't handcuff business!" and the resulting disasters to get there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines