• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AAMEE msi created file is not installing

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am trying to create a msi from various Adobe Products we have at work. I am using AAMEE 3.01 which I belive is the latest. I am trying to package Adobe InDesign CS6.

I run through the basic options and the MSI is created. So before I upload the package to the server I need to test it out. I run the msi in silent mode via CMD and nothing ever happens. So I edited the MSI in InstallShield and removed the requirement for it to be ran silently so I can do some monitoring. From here, I run the MSI and click next a few times and then it begins the install process. After a few moments it says "copying files" and then proceeds to "rolling back" and disappears. At some point the install is encountering an error and failing but I am not sure why. I can install the product fine on my machine by using the .exe I built the package from.

I also installed and created a log but I cannot find any good information from it but I am no expert and the log is very long. Any suggestions? The machine is Win7 64b and I have tried making packages in 32 and 64b and the same result. The installer never even gets far enough to the point of creating the folders on the C drive.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please specify the command line you used to install the AAMEE created packages. The command line should be -

msiexec.exe /i <path of msi> /qn.

With these parameters the msi should run fine in silent mode. I would strongly suggest you to not go and change the msi to allow UI based installation because it is not supported/tested by AAMEE.Please use only silent mode for installation. Also, make sure that you launch the command line with administrative privileges to install the msi. If things dont work out, please email me the PDApp.log file at skatariy@adobe.com. the PDApp.log file is formed at the temp location. You can find this folder using %temp%\PDApp.log (if msi is run from logged-in user account) OR [BootDrive]:\windows\Temp\PDAp.log. (No user logged in).

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Member of technical staff | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response. I am using

msiexec /i "AdobeInDesignCS6.msi" /qn in CMD after already navigating to files directory.

I edited the msi after it would not launch to get an idea of what was going on. It is hard to troubleshoot an invisible launcher. I also try opening CMD as Admin, even though my account is admin, but it made no difference.

I will try and locate this log file for you.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 29, 2012 Aug 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are facing problems. Please mail me the log file I have mentioned above at skatariy@adobe.com

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Member of technical staff | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saransh,

I am having a similar problem with Adobe CS6 Master Collection

I am trying to finish an image to deploy to four computer labs at a school.

The MSI install worked the first initial time. But now...

I get nothing. Eventlog says two entried Beginging and Ending MsiInstaller (Event ID 1040 & 1042).

No [BootDrive]:\windows\Temp\PDAp.log file anywhere.

Yes, I have a command line with administrative privileges to install the msi.

I have tried to deploy this MSI in silent mode using the following commands:

• msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress
  • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /quiet REBOOT=ReallySuppress
  • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /qn
  • msiexec /i "Build\AdobeCS6.msi" /quiet

What's wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If installation was done in logged in mode then PDApp logs will be created at %temp%/PDApp.log

thanks,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. I am back working on this issue. Where exactly is this log file? I checked myusername/temp but do not see a log file. Is this log created when running the msi or when creating the build via AAMEE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The log file is created when you build the package and also when you run the the msi. If you are deploying in logged in mode just type %temp% in your run command and you will find this file in the temp folder.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this exact problem with CS6 Design & Web.  Used AAMEE to create the msi, ran from an admin login using the prescribed command line.  The msi runs for a while, but nothing is ever installed and no program folders are created.  I attempted to run the msi not in quiet mode for testing purposes (did not edit msi, just ran without the silent switch) and I see the same thing--install starts, progress bar begins to move, and then it stops and rolls back without explanantion.  Any help would be appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please send the PDApp.log file created at %temp%/PDApp.log. This will help us debug the issue.

Thanks,

Saransh Katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same behavior for me, installing Audition CS6.  I only get the log file if I remove the "/qn" switch., so I don't know if it's useful.

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2012 Nov 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please send the PDApp.log file created at %temp%/PDApp.log. Mail me at skatariy@adobe.com. This will help us debug the issue.

Thanks

Saransh katariya | Adobe Systems | skatariy@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Saransh,

I am having the same issue as everyone. I have already emailed the PDApp.log to your email address.

Thanks

Kulwinder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2013 Oct 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RIght click - Run as admin. UAC prevents msi from installing if you don't do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with CS6 Production Suite. I was on tech support with Adobe for almost 2 hours and still same problem as the other folks in this discussion.

Mac version worked just fine but the windows one needs to be addressed by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We need your help in creating deployment package for Adobe InDesign CS6.

We tried creating package in two ways

1.Using Adobe Application Manager, Enterprise Edition 3.1 (Windows)

We created the package with Enterprise deployment tool “Adobe Application Manager, Enterprise Edition 3.1 (Windows)” but MSI installation is getting failed with error 1603.

2. Silent installation

We tried installing the application silently but we are not able to suppress the License and adobe sign in dialog window on launch of the shortcut.

It would be great if you would help us to resolve this issue as early as possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Shivaraj.K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

AAMEE is an old tool which is no longer being developed. Please use Creative Cloud Packager. This is available from the Licensing Website or the Admin Console deployment tab.

For further details please see Adobe Creative Cloud Packager

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines