• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connecting to Server

Explorer ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded form Robohelp 8 HTML client to Robohelp 9 HTML client and I am not able to connect to our new server. When we set up the connection to our oldserver for Robohelp 8, I entered our server address xx.xxx.xxx.xx:8080 and automatically " /robohelp/server" would be added to it. When I enter the new server address and try to publish, I get an error message saying

"Publishing has been cancelled

Connection failed Please check the connection and post again

Native Error: Unathorized".

I have attached my Webhelp Pro Publish screen.Connect to Server.JPGServer For Robohelp Installed.JPG 

System attributes

Robohelp HTML V9.0

WebHelp Pro 9.0.1.262

Why is this happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still publishing to the RoboHelp Server 8 application?

You also mention "old server" and "new server" which makes me think that RH8 was published to the "old server" and RH9 is attempting to publish to a "new server". Is this right? I also notice that the "PAID2" server name - presumably the new server - uses a HTTPS connection. Personally I've never seen anything published to a HTTPS connection. Can you publish any RH9 project to the old server location at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things jump out at me here. One is that the error message is suggestive of a network permissions issue between your desktop and the server. (not authorized, etc.)

Secondly, there is an odd formation in the URL string I have not seen before. The screenshot is not very sharp, but it looks like there is a double slash after robo//server and it ends with something about a "...log". The web administrator may find some info in the Apache Tomcat server's log files that could be helpful. Those files are along this path on the server machine

C:\Program Files (x86)\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\logs\robohelpserver.log

You mention going from RH 8 to RH 9 client. What is the RH Server version? I notice the port is now 8050. It appears to be a new installation different from your older 8080 port installation. What does your web administrator say about the installation? Have you asked if there are any permission changes between your machine and the server? Also, do you know if the web administrators have finished using the Configuration Manager part of the setup where they select the /robohelp "context" and what type of database is being used (Access, SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)?

Thanks

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops. Sorry to step on Colum

But he brings up an interesting point about the http"s" (secure server). That is definitely worth looking into.

john

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely no problem John. All input is valued here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too All sorry it took time for me to get back to you.

I do not have Robohelp 9 Server.

We generate to Webhelp Pro and publish our project on  our server at the VA. We have been doing this since 2005.  

We upgraded to Robohelp 9 HTML client about 6 weeks ago and were publishing to an older server. By decree we had to publish to a new server two weeks ago. We have not been able to connect to the new server.

I sent an image showing that Robohelp 9 is ready to go at the new URL if the connection is made. We did not use Http or  https before for Robohelp 8 HTML client, we just entered the URL. I have been trying everything and nothing seems to work.

I am sending or IT person your suggestion to look at permission on the Apache Tomcat.

I hope this makes things clearer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WebHelp Pro output is only designed to be used with the Adobe RoboHelp application. You say you haven't got a RoboHelp Server 9 licence, it sounds like you don't have RoboHelp Server 8 either. I'm not sure what "at the VA" means. The fact that you were able to publish WebHelp Pro output in the past does not mean it is right. It could be that RoboHelp 9 has changed something rendering your output useless.

If I was you I'd just generate WebHelp output. The process is largely similar and is designed to be used in the manner you require. Let us know how you get on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colum, the VA has a specific United States meaning. Usually means Veteran's Administration for those that have served in the military.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had Robohelp 8 server for the last two years. When we got Robohelp 9 HTML client, Robohelp 9 Server was not shipped.

After upgrading to Robohelp 9 HTML client, we decide to publish to the older server first to make sure it worked then change the URL to point to the new server and make sure it works, then when we get Robohelp 9 Server install it. This was the plan.

We can not connect Robohelp 9 HTML client to the new server. I can change the URL to point to old server and Robohelp 9 HTML client will work like a charm.

We must find a way to connect to the new server.          

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If possible ti may be worth looking into changing the HTTPS connection. If you can connect the RH9 client to RHS8 using a HTTP connection you may have your answer.

BTW Thanks to Rick for pointing out what "VA" means to us non-US peeps. I wouldn't want to diss anyone, least of all those held in such high regard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp