Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parsing XML in ColdFusion 5

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello out there,

It doesn't look like there is any native way to parse XML in ColdFusion version 5.0. ColdFusion MX makes it easier to work with XML, but unfortunately I am working with a CF5 server on Windows.

I've gotten to the point of using CFHTTP to retrieve the XML content into a variable, but I don't know the best way to unpack that data into a query or other structure that I can use to feed the rest of the template. I've thought about saving the content to a file and then looping over it, but my gut tells me that this is an inefficient way to do the job.

I'd like to avoid needing to install any added software, but if that is the only way to process XML in CF5, then I'd be grateful for any recommendations about the best tools to evaluate and/or buy. Or if there is some way to do it in JavaScript, that would be great, too.

Thanks for any help!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 27, 2006 Nov 27, 2006
try using SoXML, it is a custom tag, is free and can be downloaded from the Adobe Exchange

--> Adobe Exchange Link

M

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try using SoXML, it is a custom tag, is free and can be downloaded from the Adobe Exchange

--> Adobe Exchange Link

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! That was perfect!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation