13 Replies Latest reply: Sep 8, 2012 8:50 PM by station_two RSS

Photoshop 5.1 and 6

jep2nd

My photoshop will not activate.What is error code 213;11 and how can I correct it?

• 1. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
          Noel Carboni Community Member

Call Adobe Customer Service.

-Noel

• 2. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
            Curt Y Community Member

Do a web search for this.  Has to do with permission levels and having read/write permissons in certain folders.

• 3. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
              the_wine_snob CommunityMVP

In line with Curt's comments, what OS are you on?

Where is PS installed?

Are you either an Administrator, or running PS "As Administrator," on a PC?

Are you running PS across a network, and if so, please give the full details of that network.

Please let us know a bit more, and good luck,

Hunt

• 4. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
                jep2nd Community Member

Noel, Curt & Bill:

Thanks for the advise. I have been in touch with Adibe Customer Service with no constructive help.  I am getting weary of this and have started looking at other photo editing programs. As you will agree none compare with Photoshop but that is only if and when the Photoshop program works.

Here is the exchange I am having with Adobe.

Welcome, jep2nd

My cartPrivacyMy Adobe

HomeSupportSupport PortalCustomer Support Portal

John Parry, 127 Carolina Meadows Villa, Chapel Hill

HomeOpen casesClosed casesYour support programsOrder historyReturn history

Case #0183591611

Updated

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:24:25 AM PDT

Opened

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:25:40 PM PDT

Status

Open - Pending Adobe Response

Product

Photoshop CS 2

Support contract

Adobe Support Program

Subject

Chat:customer was unable to launch the p

NOTES & RESPONSES

Notes from Customer

Friday, September 7, 2012 11:24:25 AM PDT

I apparently have not fully related to you the problem that is of primary concern to me. I have used Photoshop for many years starti

ng with CS2. I now have on installed CS2, CS4, CS5.1, and CS6 on my computer. I only want to us CS6. CS6 can not be activated. C5.1

can not be activated, but the older programs CS2 & CS4 work fine.

When I try to use either CS5.1 or CS6 I am advised I have registration error Number 213:11.

The notes above list the suggestion previously given to me by Adobe, none of them worked.

Notes to Customer

Friday, September 7, 2012 10:42:00 AM PDT

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Adobe.

I understand that you have issues with installing the update for Acrobat

and Activating Photoshop CS 5.1.

I am sorry to hear that you are still facing the same issue.

please contact us back via live chat to get the issue resolved.

Please follow the below steps to contact us back.

1. Please open the link http://www.adobe.com/aboutadobe/contact.html

2. You will find a Drop down menu “Select a different help topic”.

3. From the list select “I'm having trouble downloading or installing my

software.”

4. A new menu will visible “Please refine your request so that we can

get you the right contact information.”

5. From the list select "I'm trying to use trial software from Adobe."

6. You will find a “Chat Now” button, please use the button to start a

chat session.

Hope the steps to contact us back were clear.

Live chat is available Monday to Friday, 6 AM to 3PM PST.

Thank you

Rakesh.Kr

Adobe Technical Support.

Notes from Customer

Friday, September 7, 2012 9:42:23 AM PDT

I see that my earlier response on Sept 4 on this Case, Number 0183591611 is not included in the above notes nor is your response to

this advising me that I would receive more information within 24 hours.

To complete the record, my problem is that I am still unable to activate both CS5.1 and CS6.

Your instructions stated in the case notes were followed.

The establishment of a new admin account did not help and also resulted in many programs on my computer being under different users.

Not a desirable setup. Some programs were disrupted requiring me to activate the RESTORE function in Windows 7.

I did not download a trial copy of CS6 as stated by you. I downloaded it from Creative Cloud.

I did download a trial copy of CS5 using the serial number furnished with my purchase order AD003933777 for this program. As I previ

ously stated this trial version with the valid serial number did not work nor did the version downloaded directly from the purchase

order as you suggested.

The only communication I have received from Adobe in the last 72 hours is confirmation of receipt of my monthly payment for the Crea

tive Cloud which at this time is of no use to me.

As I have not heard further, I chose to reinstall CS2 and CS4 for which I still possess the program disks. Both work fine but did no

t help on a reinstallation of either CS5.1 or CS6.

Notes from Customer

Tuesday, September 4, 2012 11:46:24 AM PDT

I have followed both set of instructions. On Thursday, Sumitra requested i create a new admin account. First, this did not correct t

he problem and second, created a complex problem of using other programs.

I deleted the new admin account, and used Microsoft restore to get my system functioning.

Sunday Sirni, suggested the downloading of my Cs5.1 order directly rather than the use of the trial download. This was done and I am

still unable to use either CS5.1 or CS6.The error message has been and still is:

"A problem has occured with the licensing of this product. Restart you computer and re-launch the product. If this problem still occ

urs after restarting, contact Customer Support for further assistance, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen

Error: 213:11

http:www.adobe.com/support/"

All steps have been followed and I am just where I started. I have been using Photoshop for many years and am now a Creative Cloud s

ubscriber. If this is not cleared up, Creative Cloud is of no use to me nor are my Photoshop programs.

Notes to Customer

Monday, September 3, 2012 2:58:28 PM PDT

Hi John ,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support!

John, I am sorry, as you have downloaded CS6 Photoshop trial version and

trying to activate the software using Photoshop CS5.1 serial number,

you are getting the error. Please download software from your Adobe

account.

Here are the steps to download the software from your account:

1. Go to www.adobe.com.

2. Enter your Adobe ID and password, and then click Sign In.

3. Click "My orders", locate the order number, and click the Download

link in the Download columns.

4. Start the download by doing one of the following:

5. Click Download and follow the onscreen instructions.

6. Click Akamai Download Manager and follow the onscreen instructions.

7. Click Alternate Download Method, and then click the .7z and .exe

files (Windows) or the .dmg file (Mac OS) to download the software to

your computer.

I will leave this case as open so that you can contact us if you still

face issues

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues related to Adobe

products

Have a nice day!

Adobe Technical Support

Srini.

Notes to Customer

Thursday, August 30, 2012 1:25:40 PM PDT

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting Adobe Technical Support.

Please create a new admin account and try to launch the product, if you still face the same issue contact us back.

Thank you,

Sumitra.

• 5. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6

Wow, what a debacle.  I'd be wanting to nuke the country those people are in after that.  Kind of makes you wonder, does the President of the United States ever have to call technical support... 

What Adobe executive takes home a few million extra dollars because he decided to farm support out to a foreign land and save Adobe SO much money?  It's called "technical support" in both places, so it must be just as good, right?

With my reponse above I kind of meant that you should actually CALL them...  Did you try that (I mean get someone actually on the phone)?  Yes, I know it's practically impossible to understand them, but being able to interact in person is often the only way to get such things done.

-Noel

• 6. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
                    station_two Community Member

Noel Carboni wrote:

…What Adobe executive takes home a few million extra dollars because he decided to farm support out to a foreign land and save Adobe SO much money?  It's called "technical support" in both places, so it must be just as good, right?…

Consider that Adobe's CEO is an Indian National by the name of Shantanu Narayen

• 7. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6

From the above link:

Criticisms

DWCourse.com[9] reported on November 14, 2011, that over 700 developers petitioned Adobe through Change.org[10] to have Shantanu Narayen step down as the company's CEO.

• 8. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
                        conroy Community Member

From the same link.

"In 2011, US President Barack Obama has appointed Shantanu Narayen, President and CEO of Adobe Systems, as a member of his Management Advisory Board. PMAB was established by an Executive Order in April 2010 to advise on how to implement best business practices on matters related to Federal Government management and operation focusing on productivity, the application of technology and customer service."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 9. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6

That I didn't know.

Wow, just wow. 

-Noel

• 10. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
                            conroy Community Member

Frightening, eh?

After all the complaining I've been doing here, I'd better order a thicker tinfoil hat.

• 11. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6

That's one of the passages I was confident would elicit a comment here and that's why I provided the link.

Personally, it leaves me wanting to sit this presidential election out.

• 12. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6
                                Lundberg02 Community Member

Noel probably realizes by now that Obama HAS been calling tech support for almost four years. About the economy, AND the Gaussian Blur problem.

• 13. Re: Photoshop 5.1 and 6

LOL !