• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can BC create a directory site

Community Beginner ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling to work out how to create a directory site where users register, submit their own detailed profile, maintain their own details & then specific info can be searched & retrieved by anyone. Can BC do this, or does it just do products? If it does, where are the fundamental locations to put the info?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Fubals, I think I am ok with secure zones & I have been trying to read through the web apps pages. Clicking on the links for understanding web apps & also building a basic web app simply redirects to building a web app using visitor-submitted content - hugely frustrating!

If I understand it correctly, I cannot user the users built in to the BC system, I have to create a web app that allows users to register & maintain their own content...?

If I do this, will everyone be able to search & find all the details entered by this method?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not display peoples info from the CRM publically. You can use update forms to update their details in the CRM if logged in.

For a public profile you have the web app for this, the information is populated either by people adding an item or via the admin yourself.

You can then produce a login area with the update option for their owned web app item to make changes. The approval of these, layout, controls, fields, abilities etc are all up to you and your requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Liam for confirming the CRM public / private issue.

I have managed to create a simple web app to collect people's details, but I can find no way to give individuals an update option to make changes to only their webb app item...? Applying user roles seems to only work when allowing users to log in to the admin console. Any idea what I am missing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines