Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

OCX control 10.2 (or above)

Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new program which is telling me to install Flash Player OCX control 10.2 (or above).  I just updated to Flash Player 11.4 using IE8 and I am running Windows XP 32-bit.  Can anybody point me in the right direction regarding this OCX control.  The installed software is still asking for that.  Thanks in advance.

EDIT on 09-02-2012:  Please disregard any further.  I have downloaded and installed the "Windows Flash Player 11.4 ActiveX control content debugger (for IE)" and that seems to have cured my problem.  Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, OCX is ActiveX Control.

However, does that software specifically require the content debugger?  If not, you should uninstall the content debugger version, and install the standard Flash Player ActiveX Control (for Internet Explorer) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat,

I will check that out further also as time allows.  I am not very familiar with Flash at this point.  I may leave things "as is" for now unless I experience problems and keep your info as Plan B.  Thanks again.  Feel free to comment further if you have anything more to add.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The content debugger, being a debugger, may throw you many error messages.

If you are getting unexpected error messages, then implement Plan B.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Pat,

That is good to know.  I appreciate that info very much.

That may have already happened.  The software is a free version of Flash Banner Maker by Anvsoft.  It appears to be a decent software and I have some of their other free software also.  I am just a hobbyist trying out new stuff and maybe will use some generated content on my personal website if I can create something I like.

I will pay special attention to unexpected errors and resort to Plan B if needed.  I would first like to see if any errors are random or if there is a specific pattern.  It has only happened once so far as I can recall.

Thanks again for your help.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines