• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my anti-virus pick up "INSTALL_FLASHPLAYER11X32_MSSD_AU_AIH.EXE" as a severe malware threat

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Operating system : Windows 7 64-bit]

When windows started up it told me I could update to the latest version (11.4.402.265) regarding there was major performance improvements.
After installation I used my computer for a while until it froze on me.
It recommended me to do a system restore so it could start up properly, this restore deleted what stopped my computer from booting.
After rebooting it told me I could download the same update, doing so my AVG Anti-virus popped up saying that the file that updates flash player [INSTALL_FLASHPLAYER11X32_MSSD_AU_AIH.EXE] was a severe malware threat and must be moved to the virus vault. So i did.

Is it really a threat? And is that the file that caused my computer to freeze and unable to boot?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd recommend downloading again from get.adobe.com/flashplayer

As for what caused your computer to freeze, that's harder to tell.  I'd recommend updating again and then let us know if you encounter more hangs/freezes.  This is especially important if you're browsing the internet, looking at Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a false positive; my AVG anti-virus does not flag the same download.  When were your AVG definitions last updated?

Anyway, I recommend that you download the offline installer from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht... if you continue to have problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines