5 Replies Latest reply: Sep 6, 2012 3:00 PM by the_wine_snob RSS

Mute channel of audio clip

Ron Hodges Community Member

Is it possible in Premiere Elements 10 to mute one channel (l or r) of a particular audio clip on the timeline?

• 1. Re: Mute channel of audio clip
          Steve Grisetti MVP

In Sceneline view, clickk on the Track Header to the left of the audio track and a slider will appear.

Unfortunately, Sceneline view is limited to only one video and a couple of audio tracks.

You can also, in Timeline view, just drag the yellow lines across every clip down -- but there's no way to do it to an entire track at once.

• 2. Re: Mute channel of audio clip
            _techkid123_ Community Member

Hi

There are two ways using which we can mute the audio.

1. Do one of the following in the Timeline:
              • If the clip is linked to video, Alt‑click the audio track of the clip in the Timeline to select just the audio portion.
              • If the clip is not linked to video, click the clip to select it.
            2. Choose Clip > Enable. (When you disable a clip, the check mark disappears next to the option in the clip menu, and the clip name dims in the track.)

Hope it Helps

Thanks

• 3. Re: Mute channel of audio clip
              Ron Hodges Community Member

My question is how to mute one channel only - either the left or right channel (speaker).  I believe that I now see how to do it with the balance controls, although the interaction of the keyframes with the balance controls was driving me nuts.

• 4. Re: Mute channel of audio clip
                nealeh Community Member

If you want mono-sound, rather than channel mute, you can use the fill left or fill right audio effect.

Cheers,
                --
                Neale
                Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re: Mute channel of audio clip
                  the_wine_snob Community Member

When I need to split channels in a 2-channel Audio file, in PrElements, I Share just that Audio to an intermediate file, and edit that in Adobe Audition, however, the free audio-editor, Audacity, will do it too.

In PrPro, one can Split Audio in a 2-channel, or 6-channel Audio file, and then edit each channel independently. Maybe PrE 11 will add that capability.

Good luck,

Hunt