2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 5, 2012 6:15 AM by Tatu Mbili RSS

Conditional build expressions and publishing

Tatu Mbili

Hello all,

I have a project that generates three different layouts: 1) Parent Z with a child project A containing another child project B, 2) The child project A which contains the other child project B and 3) a new second set of a project C based on A which contains another child project D based on B.  A and B have conditional builds which exclude pictures and text meant for C and D and vice versa. I have been publishing 1 and 2 without any issues and published number 3 recently to a completely new location, which results in another large directory being used.

The gentleman in charge of our servers wants to know if I can publish one project that will contain all the variables so that space used on the server is minimized. I have been publishing each one to a different location and he is seeing that there are duplicate file names in each folder. I have tried to explain that the contents inside the files are different but he has asked me to be sure I can't do it all in one location from the same files and have it just run each one within that folder. Don't know if I'm making sense but thanks for any help you can give me!

Helen