• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distiller error when trying to save book as pdf

Participant ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used FrameMaker since about version 5 or 6, but recently I have picked up a few client jobs requiring RoboHelp and FrameMaker. I tearfully parted with the funds for TS 4, crossing my fingers that the investment would pay itself off. I have a client now with FrameMaker 10 files that I am working on in FM 11. When I try to save the book as a pdf from the File menu, I get this error:

error.png

How do I fix this? Please don't tell me I need to buy Acrobat to make this work...you don't want to make an old woman cry.

😉

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Well, duh. I originally downloaded TS 4 as a trial, and apparently only chose FM, RH, AI and Cap. Licensed it a month later with no reinstall. I now re-downloaded the trial version as it appears you don't get an obvious file for the media and re-run the install. I saw that Acrobat was indeed in the list, so I downloaded that and Presenter. The Presenter install has failed twice, but I decided it was unlikely I would use it anyway. Lots of errors with files created in last version, but I finally

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I haven't used FrameMaker since about version 5 or 6 ...

Was it still installed?

Was a contemporary version of Distiller still installed?

That old Distiller is incompatible with FM10 & 11.

You might need to uninstall it and re-install TCS4.

As a quick fix, you might try printing to .ps and Distilling separately.

I don't have FM10 or 11, so the above represents more than I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You already did buy it when you bought TCS4 - what may be happening is that you had an old "headless" copy of Distiller still hanging around. Acrobat is one of those products that doesn't upgrade well. Best practice is to uninstall it first, then reinstall with your TCS4 copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, duh. I originally downloaded TS 4 as a trial, and apparently only chose FM, RH, AI and Cap. Licensed it a month later with no reinstall. I now re-downloaded the trial version as it appears you don't get an obvious file for the media and re-run the install. I saw that Acrobat was indeed in the list, so I downloaded that and Presenter. The Presenter install has failed twice, but I decided it was unlikely I would use it anyway. Lots of errors with files created in last version, but I finally have a pdf for the client to review. I wish there would have been an obvious way for me to see what parts of TS 4 I *didn't* install, but that you both for pointing me in the right direction!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've had the same issue ever since I installed Adobe CS3. CS3 is in German, while FM 8 and Distiler 9 are in English. Meanwhile, I've gotten FM v11 (English) and I was hoping that this issue would disappear, but it's still there. I have found a way around it and I can choose to print it as PDF, but this way, I don't get any bookmarks in the PDF file.

Could you please advise me what to do?

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2013 Mar 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, are you all patched up in FM11? There was an initial bug that caused issues with printing to PDF that's been fixed now.

Second - what version of Acrobat Distiller did you purchase? Was it part of CS3 or have you loaded it with TCS4 now? Make sure that you only have 1 version of Acrobat (distiller or reader) on your machine. Acrobat doesn't play nice with other versions of itself. You may have to uninstall all Acrobats and reinstall the TCS4 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines