• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 10 is very unstable under Win7

Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

using RH 10 under Win7 I noticed that the program is extremely unstable. It often crashes with only a very simple error message, telling that is searching for a solution but it never find one. Also the Windows Explorer crashes 10-20 times a day when working with RH. This is definitely linked to instaling the TCS4 on this system, and I have only been using RH and RSC yet.

Is thete anybody else with this issue, particularly the Explorer crash?

I found an older thread stating that RSC made Windows Explorer crash but this was related to RH7. Also there was no solution beyond deinstalling it.

Regards,

Robert

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using RH10 since the beta builds on several computers, virtual machines and operating systems. I have not experienced any of the problems you encounter. I did, however, not use RSC. So that would point to RSC being the problem.

Do you use a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system? And do you have the same configuration on an XP machine?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

this is 32bit, and I have also tested RH10 under WinXP previously

without any problems at all. However, this was in a virtual machine.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had issues with RoboHelp running in a VM environment when I had TCS 2 installed in a 32bit W7 VM via Parallels on a MacBook Pro (i7 with 4GB RAM - 1GB assigned to VM). For example adding a TOC Book took 20 minutes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found that too running TCS2 and TCS3.5 - if you don't require source control, turning off RSC makes the difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have been a bit confusing, please excuse.. I previously ran RH10

under XP in a VM and there where no problems. Now I run it under Win7,

normal desktop, with the issues I mentioned.

How do you turn off RSC? I killed the tasks and processes without

noticing a difference. I would try to avoid deinstalling RSC completely,

if possible.

Robert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't use source control, uninstall it - it's the only easy way from keeping the services from getting turned on each time you fire up RH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Or if you want to use source control, you can also look into another solution. The RoboHelp Developer Center has several articles on how to add your projects to a myriad of source control systems.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp