• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to download adobe products(free version)

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using windows 7 64bit system with 2.3ghz processer and 3gb ram and 270gb disk space available laptop

but i m facing problem with downloading reader,flashplayer and shockwave player

pls help to me to install the products

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you tel us a littl emore about the issues you are facing?

Or try the following links:

The links wil automatically determine your operating system and guide you through the rest of the installation process. You'll probably need Admin rights to instal software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe creates its instal files in "C:\Program Data\Adobe" which is a secured file and the installer cannot access the files inside. When you get the error,

open the folder "C:\Program Data\"

right-click the "Adobe" folder, select "Properties"

in the "Security" tab, click "Advanced"

then in the "Owner" tab, click "Edit" and "Change owner to"

also check the option for "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"

click "Apply" and return to the error message

click "Retry" in the error window

the installer will continue without error

There is also a registry add-on TakeOwnership that will add an option in the Windows7 right-click menu to do this automatically for any file or folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not describe what problems you are exactly facing.  But you can possibly eliminate some problems by downloading the full installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I came across the same problem installing Adobe Reader on Windows7 64bit. The online instal failed, so I did the full download. The full download installer completed a download process to create the instal files, but as soon as it began the actual instal process, an error message occured saying the installer could not access files from C:\Program Data\Adobe. I retried the installer under "Run as administrater" with the same error at the same point in the instal. When I checked, I found that it was a secured folder, so I changed the ownership options for the folder and contents and then installer was able to continue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines