• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player stops working after restart

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I restart my computer flash player just stops working. It juts looks like I would have no flash player installed at all and I will have to re-install. Very annoying.

Once I reinstall, everything works just fine until I restart my computer.

I have 64 bit Windows 7 if that helps at all.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2012 Mar 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a clean install of the latest Flash Player 11.2

Download the full installers from the links at http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help but a clean install didn't help.

The link was also broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 28, 2012 Mar 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try running this Microsoft Fixit tool: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

After you run it, please do the following.

1. Disable your antivirus application. Most modern security apps of this nature incorporate file scanners which spring into action to check for viruses as soon as the user attempts to install or uninstall a program. While this is a good thing when installing unknown apps, you should disable your AV when installing legitimate applications like Flash Player to prevent the AV file scanner interfering with the installation. If you have AVAST antivirus, right click the orange icon in systray, go to "AVAST shields control" and choose to disable all shields for one hour. If you have a different AV, consult this list for info on how to disable it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html
  2. Next, download the Flash uninstaller. You don't say whether you're running a 64-bit browser of a 32-bit version, so here are both: Flash Player uninstaller 64-bit  Flash Player uninstaller 32-bit Even if you don't think Flash is installed, please run the appropriate uninstaller after you download it to your own machine. This means that when you see the IE prompt, choose "Save" and save the file somewhere where you can find it again easily. Do not choose "Run" even though that's an option.
  3. Next, close Internet Explorer, then go to the location you saved the uninstaller to and then double click it to uninstall Flash.
  4. Next, go here and download the full installer: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_... You have to choose whether you need the 64-bit installer or the 32-bit version, but in any event, if you're using Internet Explorer, you must choose the "ActiveX" version. If you're not sure whether it's a 64-bit version or not, click the blue question mark and go to "About Internet Explorer". If you don't see "64-bit" anywhere, then you have the 32-bit version.
  5. When the download initiates, choose "Run" to install it immediately.
  6. Re-enable your antivirus and then reboot. Flash should remain accessible in IE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running into the same issue with one computer on my network, also running Windows 7 x64 SP1.  A complete uninstall using the Adobe Uninstaller, then a full re-install, does not fix the issue - after rebooting, Flash stops working in both IE and Firefox.

I should note that I am not getting any errors during installation, or uninstallation.  Everything seems to run smoothly, and Flash works fine... until you reboot.  At that point, both IE 9 and FF 11 act as if the Flash add-on is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 30, 2012 Mar 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GJSchaller wrote:

I'm running into the same issue with one computer on my network, also running Windows 7 x64 SP1.  A complete uninstall using the Adobe Uninstaller, then a full re-install, does not fix the issue - after rebooting, Flash stops working in both IE and Firefox.

I should note that I am not getting any errors during installation, or uninstallation.  Everything seems to run smoothly, and Flash works fine... until you reboot.  At that point, both IE 9 and FF 11 act as if the Flash add-on is not installed.

Open Firefox and in the address bar, type: about:plugins Do you not see Shockwave Flash as shown in the screenshot?

about-plugins.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2012 Apr 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2012 Apr 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry this took so long to reply - because it works until he reboots, he opted not to reboot for a week, so he could get work done.  I have exclusive access to his PC now, so I can work on this.

Within Firefox 11.0, when I type about:plugins, I see the following:

Flash1.PNG

However, when I go to a page that contains Flash (such as https://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/), the content does not load.

The problem is persisting in IE as well, and Flash content will not load.  When I look in IE's add-ons, I see the following:

Flash2.PNG

This is after multiple attempts to uninstall (using the Adobe uninstaller tool), reinstalling using the full downloads, and running the MS FixIt tool linked above.  I've also made it a point to disable anti-virus, and also go through all the steps on this support page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem appears somehow connected to specific user accounts - if I am logged in as a domain member, I cannot use Flash in either browser.  If I'm logged in as a Local Admin, I do not have the issue.

No one else on the domain is having this issue, so it should not be an issue with our Domain Policy, as set.  It may be local to this PC, I am looking into a GPO refresh at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I look in IE under "View and manage your Internet Explorer add-ons" I see the following:

Name:                   Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher:              Not Available

Type:                   ActiveX Control

Version:                0.0.0.1

File date:             

Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎April ‎09, ‎2012, ‏‎1 minute ago

Class ID:               {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Use count:              38

Block count:            34

File:                   Flash32_11_2_202_228.ocx

Folder:                 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I re-install it, I see this:

Name:                   Shockwave Flash Object

Publisher:              Adobe Systems Incorporated

Type:                   ActiveX Control

Version:                0.0.0.1

File date:             

Date last accessed:     ‎Today, ‎April ‎09, ‎2012, ‏‎11:41 AM

Class ID:               {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000}

Use count:              57

Block count:            37

File:                   Flash32_11_2_202_228.ocx

Folder:                 C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

When I log out, and log back in as the same domain user (not even rebooting), the above data goes back to the "Publisher: Not Available" as seen above.

This isn't just rebooting, this is something tied to the login / user using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleteing the user's profile and recreating it does NOT resolve the issue - when the new profile is created, the same issue is still there.

The only difference between this computer, and the other 12 like it on the same network, is that this one has an ATI FirePro 2640 video card (for 4 monitors) instead of the standard ATI card (for two).

Are there any known conflicts between Flash, and ATI's video drivers or software?

Message was edited by: GJSchaller

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please try the steps outlined here to see if this resolves the problem:

1. Install Flash Player

2. Download the SubInACL Installer from Microsoft

3. Install SubInACL and note the install location

4. Download the attached "reset_fp11.bat.zip" file and extract it to the SubInACL folder from the previous step.  At this point, subinacl.exe and reset_fp11.bat will be in the same folder.  Please note that you might not see the file extensions unless you've made them visible.

5. If you are on Vista or Windows 7, right click "reset_fp11.bat" and select "Run as Administrator".  If you are on XP, please make sure you are using an Administrator level account before double clicking.

6. You'll see a window appear and text go by, this should only take a few seconds to complete.  Once done, restart your computer and verify that Flash is working correctly.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it - thank you, VERY much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Chris. This worked for me for IE.  If you find a resolution for Mozilla, please post it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy Cow man, I have been through countless forums on this problem & nothing worked.  Finally, THIS suggestion worked.  Thanks a lot man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2012 Jun 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the suggestions in these posts, but none of them worked.  Assuming that  you only recently updated Adobe Flash Player,  just restore your system to the day before the update was installed.  Worked like a charm for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From the looks of the number of comments all over the internet regarding this problem, there are thousands of computer users suffering this issue.

I hope this problem gets fixed in the next release of Flash Player so that it doesn't take the expertese of an IT expert to correct it, and soon.  This is not the only major problem in the latest release.  Adobe, you've done better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I performed the above six step routine and it fixed Flash for Internet Explorer but not for Firefox (my prefered  browser). 

I am running Windows 7 Home premium, SP1

64Bit OS

Firefox 14.0.1

IE 9.0.8112.16421

While running reset_fp11.bat I get repeated 'subinacl' is not recognized as an internal or external command

Further help resolving the problem with Firefox would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2012 Sep 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Firefox, you might want to consider resetting your profile.  This has helped many strange situations in the past.

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/reset-firefox-easily-fix-most-problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chris – I tried resetting Firefox and it did not resolve the problem so I tried uninstalling Firefox and re-installing it.  That didn’t help either.  I still lose Flash when I reboot.

Do you have a fix for Firefox similar to reset_fpll.bat above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, nothing like that for Firefox.  Can you list out the files in your c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash folder the next time this occurs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below are screenshots of before and after rebooting.  Flash worked fine with Firefox after reinstalling.  Flash would not work with Firefox after rebooting the computer.  Flash works fine with Internet Explorer in both instances.

Index of file:///c:/windows/syswow64/macromed/flash/

Up to higher level directory

Flash32_11_4_402_265.ocx

9414 KB

9/5/2012

5:56:38 PM

1. FlashInstall.log

111 KB

8/14/2012

10:16:00 PM

FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402_265.exe

1766 KB

9/6/2012

1:47:29 PM

1. FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

245 KB

9/6/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX.dll

464 KB

9/5/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX.exe

675 KB

9/5/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_Plugin.exe

675 KB

9/6/2012

1:47:28 PM

NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll

9584 KB

9/6/2012

1. flashplayer.xpt

1 KB

9/6/2012

1. install.log

2 KB

10/4/2010

7:40:18 PM

1. mms.cfg

1 KB

4/4/2012

11:43:22 AM

After reinstalling Flash.  Flash works fine with Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Index of file:///c:/windows/syswow64/macromed/flash/

Up to higher level directory

Flash32_11_4_402_265.ocx

9414 KB

9/5/2012

1. FlashInstall.log

111 KB

8/14/2012

10:16:00 PM

FlashPlayerPlugin_11_4_402_265.exe

1766 KB

9/6/2012

1. FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe

245 KB

9/6/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX.dll

464 KB

9/5/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_ActiveX.exe

675 KB

9/5/2012

FlashUtil32_11_4_402_265_Plugin.exe

675 KB

9/6/2012

NPSWF32_11_4_402_265.dll

9584 KB

9/6/2012

1. flashplayer.xpt

1 KB

9/6/2012

1. install.log

2 KB

10/4/2010

7:40:18 PM

1. mms.cfg

1 KB

4/4/2012

11:43:22 AM

After rebooting.  Flash no longer works with Firefox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please stop sending me emails. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@darkin99 - Thanks.  The files looks the same before and after, so no worries about anything uninstalling Flash Player.  If you go to "about:plugins" in Firefox's address bar after rebooting, do you see Shockwave Flash (or anything else) listed?

@i did it my way - To opt out of emails, visit the forum link and click "Stop email notifications" in the top right of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines