• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Media Encoder & Dynamic Link Server Failed

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to set up a few sequences from Premiere into the Media Encoder to render overnight. Yet, everytime I try and put a sequence into the Media Encoder it just sits and the "Connecting to Dynamic Link Server..." for a few minutes until finally "Dynamic Link Server Failed" pops up.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Is it this one http://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/home-computer-security/internet-security ?

If so it may have already written rules into your Windows Firewall Blocking this or network services may still be disabled.

Go into Control Panel and Users and create a new admin account. Restart your system and log into the new account. Then try the Dynamic link again.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any Internet Security software installed or 3rd party Firewall such as Zone Alarm?

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Kaspersky, but I've disabled it and it still doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it this one http://usa.kaspersky.com/products-services/home-computer-security/internet-security ?

If so it may have already written rules into your Windows Firewall Blocking this or network services may still be disabled.

Go into Control Panel and Users and create a new admin account. Restart your system and log into the new account. Then try the Dynamic link again.

Eric

ADK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it is that one, I'll give that a shot thanks! One little thing that I found interesting though, is I restarted my computer this morning and tried Dyanmic Link, and it worked. Yet, later that same day, I tried again with a different sequence and this time it didn't work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I gave that a shot and it worked. But so did just restarting my computer before, so I'll have to test it again once I get some more footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2013 Apr 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been searching/troubleshooting for days, none of the firewall, new shortcuts in folder, antivirus, you name it I tried it even wiped my system which seemed to work at first..

What did it for me in the end was I had Dxtory (a software recorder, for recording gameplay) running on startup, and somehow it interfered with only Premiere projects in Media Encoder, I could still import AE projects go figure.

Check all the programs you have running or use sometimes, if they have some sort of hook into other programs/deal with video/codecs this could be your problem too!

Thanks to everyone trying to solve this problem!

-JonOfAllGames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2014 Oct 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so many hours and forums have passed. But I too, have found a solution to this problem and feel compelled to share it here.

So this was something that had just recently happened, premiere and encoder worked fine before recently.

Like JonOfAllGames, it was just premiere and encoder that couldn't do the dynamic link thing. AE and encoder worked just fine. So after discovering that, I took his advice and started uninstalling things that I had installed recently that I really don't need. And unfortunately I can't pin point the exact program, but it started working fine after I uninstalled the NVIDIA cuda toolkit and the Visual Studio Express that went with it.

What it was and why, not sure. but alls well

funstructive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2017 Feb 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having the same issue and after reading the posts about disabling stuff I realised that the last thing I enabled was the Nvidia desktop view which is when the problem started. I disabled it and no more problems with encoder and dynamic server link.  Thought I'd share as that also helped me. Hope it helps someone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines