Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Download & Installation Failure of Latest version of Adobe Flash Player

Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently tried to download & install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player & the process failed every time because of a reported error in the script. Always the same error in line one of the script. I run a Windows XP sp3 machine with Internet Explorer 8. Can this error be circumvented so I can download the software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge (as of WIn10).  The ActiveX EXE or MSI installers DO NOT work on these operating systems.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player, all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Check to see you have the latest update installed.

The following 2 FAQs may be of assistance:

You may try the offline installer for other br

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what can I use to download the adobe for windows 10, since I cannot get it downloaded either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need the newest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge (as of WIn10).  The ActiveX EXE or MSI installers DO NOT work on these operating systems.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player, all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Check to see you have the latest update installed.

The following 2 FAQs may be of assistance:

You may try the offline installer for other browsers on Win 10. Follow these steps

1)Download the uninstaller from: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX plugin.

3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.

If the problem persists, please write back to us.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines