• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically browse sequence for entire document

Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Is there a way to generate a browse sequence for the entire project? The source document for our project is a linked word document, which may change, with sections being added or removed. We'd like an easy way to browse through the topics in the order that they are in the document. The best way seems to be (and feel free to correct this) to have a browse sequence that includes everything.

Is there a way to automate the process "On each generation, create me one browse sequence that includes all the topics that are currently in the project"?

It's possible that we've missed something obvious, but I'm finding it hard to find documentation on browse sequences.

Regards,

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

You can automatically build a Browse Sequence based on a TOC structure. So what you could do is create build a TOC with all topics you want in there, then build the Browse Sequence from that.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

No joy I'm afraid. The button to create an automatic browse sequence doesn't do anything apart from remove the existing browse sequences, but it leaves the window empty. Something should be in the TOC that I'm using, as I've even created a deliberately empty TOC, which is correctly flagged as empty if I try to use it.

Am I missing something?

Cheers,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So your TOC has all the topics in it & it still won't create an auto browse sequence based on that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afraid so. I can manually create an "everything" browse sequence by clicking the multi-arrow, and this can then be reflected in the final webhelp, but the automatic button just removes everything.

Would this operation need to be performed manually each, or would a theortical autocompleted Browse sequence always reflect what was in the TOC, even if new entires had been added to the TOC since?

Cheers,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve

See if this video helps.

And to answer your question, if new items are added to the TOC later, you would need to re-create the sequence.

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I'm having problems with the video, but I'll take a look at it when I get the chance to figure out why.

That's a shame that it needs to be repeated manually. We would really like this to be an automatic process, as we have a few different manuals, and would like them all to be generated from the source material with a single button press. Do you happen to know if it it scriptable?

Cheers,

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp