• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Select an Adobe Connect Server

Explorer ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question was posted in response to the following article: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/presenter/using/WS3a32668ae8e7984c61736e10b1fbedbaf-7f63.html

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm stuck at step 4 - the "required" Connect server. I see no servers from which to choose. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to put in a name (can be anything), and your server URL. If you have a hosted Adobe Connect account it would be XXX.adobeconnect.com (where the XXX is your unique URL), or if you are licensed (have your own Connect server) it could be anything but is commonly connect.yourcompany.com or something similar.

Presenter Publish to Connect.JPG

You may need to select the Edit Servers button and then the Add... button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jorma. I was able to publish to connect but no get no audio playback.

I used Adobe Presenter 8.0 and can hear the audio using the Preview function. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks for your guidance.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would make sure that the Publish Audio box is checked for publishing directly to Adobe Connect

Presenter Audio Setting.JPG

You can also try publishing to your computer (check the Zip package box) and then upload the zip file to the Connect server and see if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

Thanks for your patience. What I’m experiencing doesn’t make sense to me.

https://my.adobeconnect.com/_a295153/exportclassification

I believe the link above shows that in the recent past, I was able to publish. But now I get the error message below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image didn't seem to come through, it just links back to this thread.

Looking at the presentation, it looks like the audio didn't upload with the presentation, and the presentation isn't even looking for there to be audio. The slides are the default 5 seconds long and there is no reference to the audio files in the viewer.xml file for the project.

Just to be sure, when you preview the project, are you previewing it with Adobe Presenter or by using F5 (PPT)? If the audio was recorded in PPT then it will be disregarded when published with Presenter. You can easily import the audio from PPT using the Import tool in the Audio section of the Presenter ribbon. You should see a large button that says "Import Audio from PPT" in the dialog that opens.

Here is and example of what the viewer.xml file should show for a slide with audio:

<flvContents/>

<audios id="1" duration=" 29630">

<media url="a24x1x1.mp3" startMsecs="0" duration="190" startAtMSecs="0"/>

<media url="a24x1x2.mp3" startMsecs="190" duration="29440" startAtMSecs="0"/>

</audios>

<playbackActions></playbackActions>

And here is what is in your viewer.xml file:

<flvContents/>

<playbackActions></playbackActions>

You are missing the call to the audio files all together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jorma,

Thanks. I was able to access help from the Adobe Connect support Team somewhere in India. I had used an incorrect URL (http://my.adobeconnect.com/exportclassification) that I assumed would work but was really just a connect meeting URL. The support person suggested publishing to the server “my.adobeconnect.com” without anything else and it successfully published.

Thanks to you for your prompt and helpful guidance.

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources