• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I remove this stupid *&^$ Tasktop program from my ColdFusion Builder 2?

Contributor ,
Sep 05, 2012 Sep 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not need it, I do not want it, and somehow I accidentally installed it. I can find no uninstall button, it's not in my Vista Programs and Features to uninstall, and I"m tired of waiting for it during application load and getting in the way of my shortcuts and whatnot. I just want it gone but I can find no reference anywhere to take this stupid program out.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to remove it from inside CF Builder.  Launch CF Builder, click on "Install New Software" on the Help menu.  Once the Install dialog comes up, look for a blue link on the right side, in the lower third of the dialog, that reads "What is already installed?".  Click the link, and another dialog opens.  Select the add-ons you want to uninstall, then click the Uninstall button.

This applies to CF Builder 2.0.1.  If you have not updated CF Builder 2 to the latest, the dialogs may be different.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Message was edited by: Carl Von Stetten

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Thank you - that's closer than I've gotten so far. 

UNFORTUNATELY, when I click on Tasktop - even when I drill down into it as much as possible - the "uninstall" button refuses to light.  In fact, not a single item will light either the uninstall or update buttons.

Rights issue, perhaps?  But I am an Administrator on my system...

I never did create a Tasktop account. I wanted it gone from the moment I saw it pop up in my system.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RLS,

Here is the link to the uninstall section of the Tasktop User Guide: http://help.tasktop.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.tasktop.help.ui/userguide/install-e35.html

It's another way of getting to the same dialog I mentioned before.  However, if selecting the Tasktop item doesn't enable the Uninstall button, I'm not sure what else you can do.

Something else you can try from the same dialog.  Go to the "Installation History" tab.  Browse the history items to see when you installed Tasktop.  You can revert back to a previous configuration (prior to Tasktop installation).  If you added features after you installed Tasktop, you will have to reinstall those features.

HTH,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Thanks for trying!

Tried the Installation History. The Revert buttons don't light up either.

Had tried the uninstall via Tasktop site also, below is what it gives -- which does not exist like this in CFBuilder and I poked around just about everywhere.

Apparently, I either need to do a full uninstall or I'm stuck with this crap forever.

Uninstalling the Tasktop plug-ins for Eclipse

1. Navigate to Help > About Eclipse
  2. Press "Installation Details" button
  3. Select the "Installed Software" tab
  4. Select "Tasktop Pro" from the list of installed software
  5. Press the "Uninstall..." button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RLS,

Are you running the latest version of CF Builder by any chance (2.0.1)?  If not, you might want to download and install it.  It actually uninstalls the previous version of CF Builder (2.0.0) and installs the new version (becuase 2.0.1 uses a newer major build of Eclipse).  This will allow you to start with a "clean slate" when it comes to which add-ons are installed, but it should maintain all of your project settings.

Another idea, although this one could be pretty dangerous.  If you feel comfortable trying this, close CF Builder and:

1. Make a copy of your \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe\ColdFusion Builder 2\features and \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe\ColdFusion Builder 2\plugins folders as a backup. 
  2. Make copies of \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info and \Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2\configuration\org.eclipse.update\platform.xml as backups.
  3. Browse each of those folders from step 1 and find any folders and files with "Tasktop" in the name.  Delete just those files and folders.
  4. Open \Program Files\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2\configuration\org.eclipse.equinox.simpleconfigurator\bundles.info in a text editor and remove lines that have references to Tasktop.
  5. Open \Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2\configuration\org.eclipse.update\platform.xml in a text editor and remove lines that have references to Tasktop.
  6. Launch CF Builder.

If CF Builder wont' run after that, revert the folders and files to the copies you made in steps 1 and 2 above.

Good luck,

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

Thank you, will consider these steps.  As to version:

Welcome to Adobe® ColdFusion® Builder™ 2

Version: 2.0.1

Build: 282422

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems uninstalling Tasktop. I was able to uninstall Tasktop from ColdFusion Builder 2.0.1 by following these steps (modified slightly from those posted above):

Click on "Install New Software" on the Help menu.  Once the Install dialog comes up, look for a blue link on the right side, in the lower third of the dialog, that reads "What is already installed?".  Click the link, and another dialog opens.  Select only the top-level Tasktop entry (either "Tasktop Dev Pro" or "Tasktop Dev Enterprise") - do not expand it - and then click the Uninstall button.

If that doesn't work for you, you could try first updating to the latest Tasktop version (Help -> Check for Updates) and then trying to uninstall it. If that still doesn't work, I would suggest contacting Adobe's support team as it may be a bug in ColdFusion.

HTH,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Sam.

I have tried to select only the top level, but the Uninstall button remains disabled.

I do not know where to go in CFB to update Tasktop. It looks like I am running TaskTop Pro 2.3.0.v20120323-0600.

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screenshot of what I am facing.

CFB Tasktop Uninstall Attempt.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you got ColdFusion installed to Program Files, and/or have you got Windows User Account Control (UAC) enabled? Unfortunately, Eclipse (and Eclipse-based products like ColdFusion) are known to have this kind of problem when UAC is enabled. You may be able to uninstall Tasktop after disabling UAC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFB is installed to Program Files but UAC has been off for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick search turns up only this: http://www.thinkplexx.com/learn/howto/ide/eclipse/fix-enable-disabled-unistall-software-option-in-ec...

My guess is that this is a permissions issue. You could try making sure the current user has full permissions on the CF installation directory. Beyond that I can only suggest reinstalling CF. This is an issue with the Eclipse installer (and Windows), and is not caused by anything that Tasktop does.

Good luck,

Sam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying.

I updated permissions, I re-started CFB via Run As Administrator, nothing worked. I tried to create an account, which looked like it worked, then when I tried to sign in it said my login was invalid, so that went nowhere - was hoping that would help me solve the problem, but since I cannot sign in, that went nowhere.

Have posted request for help on CFB board with more general question to see if anyone else has a solution. Would rather not re-install due to so muich work, so little time.

Thanks again,

RLS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RLS wrote:

I do not need it, I do not want it, and somehow I accidentally installed it.

I've had no insight to offer on this, but I've been watching this thread intently.

I've been using CFB since before it was even first released, and I have no idea what this "TaskTop" thing is that you're talking about.  I've always installed CFB as a standalone thing... is it a vagary of the plug-on install?  Is it anything to do with CFB at all?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's an Eclipse Plugin similar to Mylyn. It's supposed to be pretty awesome.

That said.  I have had to reinstall CFB a couple of times for various reason, and it has never taken longer than an hour (including config).  Just sayin', it seems that would certainly be easier than fighting with a messed-up plugin install for 2 days.

jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adam,

Tasktop (which I think is a paid service) is Mylyn on steroids.  It adds a whole lot of additional capabilities to Mylyn (I think the free Mylyn plugin itself is actually made by the same people who do Tasktop).

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation