Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Publishing has been cancelled. The parameter is incorrect

Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to publish webhelp to sharepoint link. It generates webhelp but stops while publishing it with a message "Publishing has been cancelled. The parameter is incorrect." Not sure what is the issue in this as it doesnt have any details on it? Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Hi Nandha,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Well as per my understanding, this error occurs when there is a special charater in our file name which is causing this issue, also as John and Rick mentioned please check the sharepoint settings, if the path is correct.Try to create a blank project and publish it to the Sharepoint by using the same path and see if it gives you the same msg. It will rectify the issue with the special character if it published the test project successfully.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

P

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not seen that error message before, but you should check the thread below which I know has helped others with SharePoint publishing. When you post, be sure to indicate which version of RoboHelp you are using. Also, the SharePoint version.

For example, RoboHelp 10 includes new enhancements for integration with SharePoint that were not in RH 9.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3995316#3995316

How have you set up the WebHelp Publishing Wizard? For example, this is the dialog in RH 9. Those fields (Host, etc.) may be the "parameters" the error message is referring to.

NewDestination.png

John Daigle

Adobe Certified RoboHelp and Captivate Instructor

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying it in RoboHelp 10. When i select 'destination', it has only the sharepoint path. It is not asking anything else.

I have referred the link already and corrected the sharepoint path. It is generating all the files but when i publish it, it shows the webhelp error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there

I'm not sure if it will help, but there was a thread a week or so back where this error message was occurring. Perhaps it will shed some light?

Click here to view

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nandha,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Well as per my understanding, this error occurs when there is a special charater in our file name which is causing this issue, also as John and Rick mentioned please check the sharepoint settings, if the path is correct.Try to create a blank project and publish it to the Sharepoint by using the same path and see if it gives you the same msg. It will rectify the issue with the special character if it published the test project successfully.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File name has special characters. Once it is removed, publish was successful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad that working.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping out on this, Priyank! I was about to waste a lot of time and ask about the new Sharepoint (Native) publishing which requires using a Multiscreen HTML5 layout and your quick advice makes is so much more simple.

John

John Daigle

Evergreen, Colorado

www.showmethedemo.com

John Daigle
Newport, Oregon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks John!!

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp