• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I edit a website template's background?

New Here ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I chose a template to start building my new business website. But I want to change the background colors of it and after reading and reading couldnt figure it out. So I chatted with customer support and they told me to ask the question here as css is out of their suppor reach.

Situation:

Picked Forceful template. Im trying to change the black to a carbon fiber image, and the green to a different color.

Is that possible without dreamweaver or additional software? (Im on a budge trying to lunch my business's website with what I do have)

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you can do it in the File Manager, but you need to know which css file you need to edit. Can you provide a link to your site?

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can provide anything you may need to help me lol!

Im not sure which one you need.

http://crankllc02.businesscatalyst.com/index.htm

http://crankllc02.businesscatalyst.com/

Note I havent done anything to it yet. I only chose the template and here is the first issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the styles are in the style.css in the css folder. Login to the admin and go to file manager, open the css folder and then click on style.css.

For the desired changes you want to change the background properties on line 1065 and 1686 (I assume the background colors is what you are refering to) from the template files to your custom background images and colors (you need to upload all new images to the images folder in order for you to use them).

Nicole - BCGurus.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh Nicol, I apreciatte your helping me so much!

I did upload the background image I want to css/images/pics.

So, I located the lines you gave me. Below is what lines 1065 to 1086 say.

.row_top {

background: url(../images/top_row_bg.jpg) no-repeat 50% 0%;

height: 401px; }

.carousel {

width: 972px;

margin: 0 auto;

position: relative;

overflow: hidden;

height: 402px;

padding: 37px 0 0;

padding-left: 35px; }

.wide .carousel, .wide_alternative .carousel {

width: 940px;

margin: 0 auto;

position: relative;

overflow: hidden;

height: 402px;

padding: 28px 40px 0;

background: url(../images/carousel_bg.png) no-repeat 50% 0%;

margin-top: -28px; }

Do I have to replace " url(../images/top_row_bg.jpg) no-repeat 50% 0%;" for something else for my image to display instead of the current color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, I have been playing around with the style.css and its a weird code to me. I did figure how to change the color of certain things, but I havent been able to do anything close to what I want to do.

The supposedly background is a mess! I found that changing the color code at some line I dont even remember the number, will change the background color of different parts of the page, it turns out a mess. I dont understand.

All Im trying to do is errase evetihing on the top from the Forceful logo to the lock icon. And instead of it all being a black stripe, to put my business's logo in the top left. I didnt think that would have been so complicated.

Then I wanted to change the green color to #00b0f0 with a darker tone on the top and bottom lines where the green is darker.

Then I wanted to change the black stripe where the "click to action" button is to a picture I have of carbon fiber.

But I have been all day trying and no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines