• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NOT RESPONDING !!!!!

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI IM WORKING ON A AFTER EFFECTS CS6 PROJECT SINCE 4 PM ( NOW IS 7 PM ) BUT I DIDNT SAVE IT, AND NOW ITS NOT RESPONDING !! HOW CAN I STILL SAVE IT ??? IM ON A MAC ! RESTARTING THE MAC WHILE THE PROGRAM IS STILL OPEN WILL SAVE IT ??? HELP !! PLEASE !!!!

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try switching apps, set the caps lock key to on, then go back to AE.

If that doesn't do it you may be in trouble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM IN TROUBLE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFTER EFFECTS SHOULD HAVE A AUTO SAVE PLUGIN OR SOMETHING LIKE OFICCE WORD... IT SAVES IN 5 IN 5 MINUTES !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does auto save if you turn it on. ENOUGH WITH THE ALL CAPS ALREADY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how ??? how do i turn on ????? please tell me !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its to late to turn it on NOW. But for future reference it is in the Preferences.

Screen Shot 2012-09-08 at 4.26.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just restarted my mac and... it didnt save... ok but i will do it since the begining.... thanks for the help guys ! i really apricciate !! sorry for CAPS ! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem. Hope you didnt lose to much. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost 3 hours of work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, it happens.  I bet you don't make that prticular mistake again.  We all learn tough AE lessons the hard way: you're not the first.  It's not much good to you right now, but just know we've all cone similarly dumb things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 14, 2013 Dec 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Automatically Save Projects preference in the auto-save category is now on by default, beginning with After Effects CC (12.2).

Note: An even better approach than relying on auto-save is to use the File > Increment And Save command regularly and habitually. The Increment And Save command has a couple of advantages: it allows you to determine exactly when to save, and it does not overwrite previous saved versions. Once you have developed that habit of using Increment And Save, you may choose to turn off auto-save. (That’s what I do.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Auto Save is a feature activated from After Effects preferences.  If AE has hung, it won't help you save your current project.

If your system has not been responding for 20 minutes or more, I'm afraid you have probably got no choice but to restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same thing going wrong guys please help me I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON AN AE CC 2015 PROJECT SINCE LIKE

6:00 - 8:30 AND I FORGOT TO SAVE MY PROJECT THEN I HIT RENDER but i wanted to render mp4 so i went render in adobe media encorder and all everything as soon as i went in i killed render AND IT IS NOT RESPONDING I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I BEEN WORKING ON THIS PROJECT FOR AGES NOW I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO I RESTARTED MY COMPUTER NOW IM SCARED THAT IT IS NOT THERE ANYMORE!!!!!
please help me!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2016 Aug 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you didn't save the project or set up auto save then you have nothing to work with on your system anywhere. The only thing you can do is learn your lesson. I never work without saving often and most of the time Auto Save is turned on. Get in the habit of creating a new project, importing the footage, creating your first comp and then press Ctrl/Cmnd + S before you do anything else. Then either have auto save turned on or use the keyboard shortcut to save before you make any major change in your project. That's your only solution moving forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines