• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to manually start updating flash player?

Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally Flash player checks automatically (at startup) for a new version and starts update process if necessary (on 64bit WIn7).

Ok. But is there a way to MANUALLY tell Adobe Flash player later to check for updates?

In other words: Which *.exe file do I have to (double)click to start the update process?

Or is the only way for manual update to SEPARATELY download the newest player setup file and install it from there?

Peter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The following commands should do it:

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_<version_number>_ActiveX.exe -update plugin

C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_<version_number>_Plugin.exe -update plugin

If you have installed Flash Player successfully, go the C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash folder and get the correct names for the exe files.

Then click Start > Run. Type the command and press Enter.

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2012 Aug 31, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7 Pro x64 and have currently Flash 11.3.300.271 installed (which is outdated right now).

I almost never reboot my PC but always put it to hybernation and simply resume. I only see the Adobe Updater dialog when I reboot my PC, which I do not do often; i.e. Adobe updates Flash more often then I reboot my PC.

When I try the above mentioned, I only get a Dialog saying to "Download" the player which opens the browser to the Download page.

But how can I trigger the update dialog I see when I reboot my PC and Flash deems an update is in order?

Btw, I set Flash update to notify me and not automatically download stuff.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2012 Sep 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a 64bit Win7 and a 32bit Firefox.

Do I have to install here 32bit Flash plugin or 64bit Flash plugin?

Can I run (install) both  32bit AND 64bit plugins in parallel or do these interfere each other?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, don't hijack this thread; this is about a different topic ("manually updating flash through it's own updater mechanism") and not about 32 vs. 64 bit, etc. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Max_Wall wrote:

Please, don't hijack this thread

But s/he is the originator of this topic.

The installer should automatically install both 32-bit & 64-bit players on a 64-bit system; download the installer(s) from http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, I apologize; I'm quite focused on finding a solution to the update question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

bounjour

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines