Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Baggage files not showing up in search

Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a small RH 9.0 project with about 15 pdf baggage files. The issue is the baggage files are not consistently showing up when using the "Search" feature. I deleted the files, readded to be sure I imported them correctly as baggage files, moved them to a new folder, re-added the hyperlinks, inserted them in the TOC as a page w/hyperlink, inseted the link directly in a topic as a lin, checked to ensure my RH recognized .pdfs ... everything I can find online suggestion how to fix it. Nothing is working! The frustrating thing is ... I can see one of them when I search (it is always the same one), but none of the others. All of the pdfs follow the same naming convention and are all the same type of pdf so I don't understand! I did the exact same thing for all of them! Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2012 Aug 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you have checked the baggage files are making it to wherever you have generated and published the help?

When you say the files are all the same type of PDF, do you mean they all compatible with the same version of Acrobat? How were the files created?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, we confirmed the baggae files were carried over to the published location. The pdf files were created with Acrobat X Pro. We did find a solution by downloading something called iFilter. I'm not sure why it worked, but it enhances .pdf search function or something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible the one file that was found was created with another PDF tool or an earlier version of Acrobat? There was a bug in an earlier version of RoboHelp that was linked to the version of Acrobat used.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm ... maybe. We did upgrade our version of Acrobat. I think all referenced PDFs were created post upgrade, but that would be an easy thing to check. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Keep in mind my suggestion is just a longshot.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp