• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CS6 could not find any capable video play modules.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. I just purchased Production Premium CS6 and when I try to start Premiere I get this error message: "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please updated your video display drivers and start again." This message comes up after it trys to load the importerquicktime file. I attempted to uninstall the software and reinstall to no avail. In fact, now I also get three additional error boxes that all say: "LoadLibrary failed with error 126: the specified module could not be found." I've done extensive searching online over the last couple of days to try to resolve my problem myself... however nothing I have tried worked. I've even read through all of the threads already posted on these forums. Does anyone have any suggestions? Before posting them, here are the things I have already tried as well as some tech specs:

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Windows 7 (64 bit)

8GB of RAM

Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz

BIOS F.13 (4/25/2011)

AMD Radeon HD 6700M Series (driver version: 8.980.0.0)

Mobile Intel HD Graphics (driver version: 8.830.6.2000)

• I tried uninstalling the software.
  • I tried to update my drivers for both of the graphics cards (though one of them didn't have an update it seems)
  • I run the software as an admin.
  • I tried to go into display settings and disable the Intel card. (this caused low resolution which is unexceptable)
  • I went to the Catalyst Control Center and put Premiere to "High Power" which is supposed to use the AMD card.
  • I opened the BIOS up but there is no option to change anything graphics related. (a lot of people were telling people to change switchable graphics to fixed here, but I have no such option)
  • I took my battery in and out.
  • I uninstalled quicktime and reinstalled the current version.
  • I downloaded and installed the latest version of Premiere (as it was released the day before I purchased it)

I've tried some others things I think, but at this point I've tried so many things I'm beginning to forget them. Nothing seems to work for me... I'm wanting to use Premiere to edit this short video I want to release by Wednesday but this is putting me behind. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

BEST METHOD!

i spent more than 24 hrs to find a way to solve this. And here you go...
1. right click on desktop and select switchable graphic properties.
2.click browse button and go to the installation folder of Adobe premiere cs6
3.select premiere cs6.exe icon and click open.
4.set it manually to high performance and click apply.
5.repeat the above instructions once again and INSTEAD of selecting the premierecs6.exe, select GPUsniffer.exe and click open again.
6. and set it also to high performance a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I stated in my original post, I've already viewed the other topics on the forum about this issue, so I've also seen the official adobe troubleshoot about it as well. I also said I had tried to go into the BIOS, but there is nothing there about the graphics. So the only link that was new was the Fingerprint one... however, I had long ago disabled and turned the HP Fingerprint service off, but I just now uninstalled the only software I saw that I thought was associated with it. Still doesn't work. Any other thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

==========

I tried to go into display settings and disable the Intel card. (this caused low resolution which is unexceptable)

==========

This makes me think it's using that graphics "card" ( probably built into mobo ? ...called 'onboard graphics ? )

This stuff gets tricky and sometimes the only way to make windows 'recognize' the pci graphics card is to actually take it out and boot, and then put it back in...

Then you get mssg " windows detected new hardware" and you install the drivers...

usually bios gives you choice of using onboard graphics or not ( but this too is wanky sometimes...sorry to say ...)

I recently ( this past year ) had a similar sort of situation but have a desktop, where its easy for me to take off side panel and pull the pci-e graphics card and boot, and get that horrible low res default screen...turn off, install card, reboot etc...

but anyway, it sounds to me like you're notebook is using that mobile graphics driver stuff and not the radeon. Somehow you've got to make it switch to that graphics card is maybe your solution.

sorry I dont have notebook but maybe someone else here does and can help more...

good luck.

ps..its always a weird fact of life...when things aren't working 'right' something has to get done fast....

edit:

I dont know how much you know about windows stuff, but after you disable that intel thing and get your low res screen.. you DID try to update the driver for that card using 'my computer / device manager  '   right ??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did try to update it that way. However good news! I was messing around with it somemore and I found a solution!! It's not as convenient as simply starting the software up with one click, but it does allow me to use the software which pleases me enough. What I did was go into the Device Manager and completely disable the Mobile Intel HD graphics card. This, as stated before, causes a dramatic shrink in resolution and the screen looks awful. But, while the Intel card is disabled, I open Premiere up then simply go back to the device manager and re-enable the intel card. This fixes the resolution, and premiere is still up and running! It's a work around, but it does produce results. Thanks for your thoughts and offering help! Happy to be able to start editing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad to hear you found solution, even if it is a strange workaround thing...at least it works...

Thanks to your perseverance...good going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2012 Oct 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encountered the same problem with the same system configuration as yours.

I tried to set the BIOS graphics switchable mode from "dynamic" to "fixed mode''.

Then double check your graphics status by right-clicking on the desktop then select ''configure switchable graphics'' -- make sure that high performance gpu is selected.

This case you won't go through the hassle of disabling your Intel HD graphics adapter and will run the Adobe premiere pro seamlessly.

I hope this helps..cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2012 Oct 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BEST METHOD!

i spent more than 24 hrs to find a way to solve this. And here you go...
1. right click on desktop and select switchable graphic properties.
2.click browse button and go to the installation folder of Adobe premiere cs6
3.select premiere cs6.exe icon and click open.
4.set it manually to high performance and click apply.
5.repeat the above instructions once again and INSTEAD of selecting the premierecs6.exe, select GPUsniffer.exe and click open again.
6. and set it also to high performance and click apply.
7. enjoy CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2012 Dec 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran into the exact same problem. I am using the AMD Radeon switchable graphic video adapter in mine. The solution I utilized was going into the Catalyst Control Center and switching the Graphics mode to the High performance under the AMD GPU.

Premiere then launched properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines