Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Pro CS6 to HTML5 Conversion

May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Flash Pro CS6 yesterday and it does not convert my Flash file to HTML5 Correctly.  It converts everything except the Action Script.  I have contacted Tech Support and they have escalted the issue, but they are telling up to 96 hours.

The website is www.davidhornbrook.com

When I try to convert that page (the FLA file) it converts the bottom part, his logo, and the david dropping down the side.

It does NOT convert the top menu items OR hte drop shadow behind the logo (which is all Action Script3).

Can someone help me?

I have the FLA files thast I can send to you / post if that helps.

BTW when I convert it to SWF it works fine, just not when I export it to HTML5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Toolkit for CreateJS does not support conversion of Action Script code to HTML5 equivalents (JavaScript), yet. There are a couple of workarounds you could use:

• Embed Javascript Code within Action Script comment blocks for components that have been designed using ActionScript in your FLA.
  • Or convert the entire FLA to HTML5, explicitly identify ActionScript components, and find their JavaScript equivalent codes from http://www.createjs.com/Docs/EaselJS/

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, please do post your FLA files in your reply. I will try and investigate to provide a better solution.

Thanks,

Suhas Yogin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for getting back with me.  I am not sure how to attach the FLA.  Could you tell me how to do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could use free file sharing mechanisms such as Google Docs.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if cs6 does not support converstion of action script to html5 yet then this help us little!
as allmost 99% of our work requires scripts!

however meanwhile,  your website  Chad is very simple , not complicated if you also know AS2 .. make it in action script and use swiffy (google's extenstion for flash it converts flash as2 to html5) and it supports as2 for now!
i think its the fastest solution for your problem now make it in as2.. and export it with swiffy !

http://www.google.com/doubleclick/studio/swiffy/

too bad, i was really looking forward to cs6 supporting action scripts converstions !  :s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 16, 2012 May 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame Adobe presents us a HTML-Converter that sucks so badly, i cannot believe they present that as a highlight for Flash CS6. In my country it is not legal to make false promises on purpose to customers. Adobe knows it has not and will never have a working HTML5-Converter in Flash CS6, this is pure cheating. Both Adobe Edge and Flash CS6 with createjs produce way to big files when doing a HTML5 project, both are absolutely useless approaches to get rid of the flash-not-going-to-ipad-problem. There are two ways to solve it, either Adobe makes Flash open source or programs a JavaScript flashengine, damn Adobe learn to do your job.

One last thing to say, swiffy from Google works way better than everything i have seen from Adobe. I would not be surprised when Google releases a tool that converts swf-files in a javascript container instantly in the browser. I mean that's the whole goal behind swiffy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FUNE78  I totally agree with you 100%

The issue that I am running into is that my FLA file uses Action Script3 (not Action Script2) and swiffy only uses AS2 at the moment.

Any suggestions?

I have been in contact with several members of Adobe and their omly solution is to use 3rd party software (like easelJS and jQuery).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChadXSO Well as far i know there is no way to solve that, but i can be wrong informed. We discussed here to switch over to AS3 for our flashbanners, lucky we never changed from AS2 because of all the bad stuff with AS3 and ad-servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@FUNE78  Thanks for the input.  If you knoe=w af anyeway to convert from AS3 to AS2, please let me know.

Otherwiser I have to start from the ground up, or learn another programming laguage to get easelJS and jQuery to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ChadXSO There are tutorials of others tried to convert it back: http://dispatchevent.org/mims/converting-as3-to-as2/

Maybe the wrong approach, but what else will you do in such a situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2012 Aug 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your AS3 doesn't use any AS3 specific code, you might find that changing the Script designation in the Publish Setting panel to AS2 works. It worked for me with Swiffy, so it might be worth a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, your answer is marked as correct, which is complete trash. Offer anytime soon a way to do that in flash or get out of business, i am serious about that point. It's a shame that a staff-member comes up so late with an answer that does not help in any way. Your marketing made absolute false promisses and now you provide just some blabla instead of a real solution to create HTML5 with Flash. I can tell you why googles swiffy is so much better in doing that job, they invest time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 06, 2012 Sep 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did NOT mark that answer as Correct!!!!

Adobe did not live up to their promise that everything would translate to JS!!

I TOTALLY agree with FUNE78!!!

False promises and then vote one of their own employees as the correct answer.

Absolute rubbish!!!

FUNE78, you have provided the most honest responses and you now have the correct response accredited to you.

As it should have been in the first place

Shame on you Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ChadXSO,

The 'Help' offered to you so far has been, as far as I can tell, no help at all.

I've been ploughing through an old .fla trying to make a conversion.

Nothing complex, no animations.

6 hours later, I've part of it running, not working, just not crashing.

It's all script, so if CreateJS doesn't convert Action Script it's producing a very good pretense of doing so. The converter does appear to be looking at the AS, since if I change the AS the output changes.

However, I have to edit the js, every time I publish, to prevent the HTML from looping. From time to time it throws a Line 77 error, claiming that there is an undefined .str in a non-existant .jsfl file (non-existant in that Windows can't find the file).

I produce technical anims for my students in Flash so I'm none too pleased for the option for them to view them on-line to be taken away.

Unless Adobe produces a working conversion tool 10 years of my work is going down the toilet. There will be thousands(?) of .swf creators in the same position.

If CreateJS is the best Adobe can manage, at this rate, I won't live long enough to convert a single .fla.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 09, 2012 Sep 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@wirralLes

Unfortunately, I had to redo my ENTIRE site!!!

Not a very pleasant thing to have to do.

All I could possibly recommend is Google Swiffy.

I know that it does not do AS3, but it does do AS2.

I am not sure what yours uses.

You can give it a shot.

Sorry I am not more help, but I am VERY disappointed in Adobe and their false promises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 03, 2012 Dec 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go take a look at http://pixelplant.com which supports both AS2 and AS3 and makes use of BonsaiJS (http://bonsaijs.org), an open-source HTML5 graphics library.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

is it so dificult for adobe do something like google did it with Swiffy Flash ?? Swiffy   is no longer available !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines