• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED http://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/Activate 2012-03-07T08:17:58-08:00%20(133

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2012 Mar 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recieve this message no matter what i try to do when authorizing my computer, even if i try to bypass the option.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2012 Mar 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is what overdive support told me but how would something like that be off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution

Make sure that the machine's system time, date, and time zone match the time/date/zone when you purchased the PDF or EPUB.

The error message you are getting generally occurs when one or more of your computer's system settings are incorrect. Your computer's clock time, date, and time zone need to be accurate in order for Adobe Digital Editions to work properly. We understand that you have already checked your clock on your computer. Would you please check the date and the timezone to make sure they are also accurate?

I would also recommend running the internet synchronization, which is available in a tab on the Time and Date tool in Windows.

Additional information

When you download a PDF or EPUB, the Adobe activation records timestamp information from the Adobe activation server. This information is stored inside the book. When you attempt to open the book, this information is compared to your current system information. If your system has an incorrect time/date/time zone, then the activation server disallows the request and you cannot read the book.

One of the following system settings (or a combination of them) causes this error:

• incorrect clock time
  • incorrect date
  • incorrect time zone

Thanks

Sanjay M Suman

Adobe System Inc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2013 Mar 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as seek time and date as I acsm area to view

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I kept getting the same message!  I tried resetting my computer's date and time settings, and sure enough, I was able to activate the product afterwards.  Still mad that I had to go through all that shit, though (took me several hours to figure it out, it's now 10:30 and I still have to read an ebook for class tomorrow, thanks adobe, wait, did I say thanks?  I meant f*ck you adobe!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2013 Mar 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please refer  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5099998#5099998

Regards,

Yuvraj.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work for a publishing company that uses ADE, and in my experience, this error message is NOT generated due to a timezone issue. It's sort of unbelievable to me that this is Adobe's official diagnonsis. When our customers get this message, it's almost ALWAYS because they clicked the download link prior to installing Adobe Digital Editions.I confirmed this with an Adobe rep using the help chat as well. It seems to be a pretty fundamental flaw with the program in general, and the Adobe rep told us that there's now way around that. It's also ridiculous, because we end up having to send our customers a new file, and Adobe is essentially charging us twice for the book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My error changed as E_ADEPT_REQUEST_EXPIRED

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the acsm file again and try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines