• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I Install Adobe Flash Successfully?

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Vista and Firefox.  I've downloaded v. 11.4 several times and each one is a bad installation.  Same thing with the plug-in.  I have to keep it uninstalled or else I can't upload work files.  But I constantly get prompted to install the damn thing until finally the sw says, nope you're not doing another thing until you download me.  I get messages like host debugger, as if I know what to do.  I get messages like Flash Player has stopped working, and this happens right after it has been installed.  It's a vicious circle.  I'm downloading from the Adobe Flash site.  Right now it's uninstalled, so I can upload work files.  Can someone in the community advise me what to do next?  Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cosmic Torment wrote:

I get messages like host debugger, as if I know what to do.

Can you provide a screenshot of such a message?  It's not something I have seen before.

And what do you mean by "upload work files"; is that something that requires Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to recreate the debugger popup message.  I upload work files to an online job site for my clients. If Flash is installed I can't upload.  If Flash is uninstalled I can upload.  I haven't tried safe mode yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the standard Flash Player installed, or the content debugger?

Regarding Safe Mode -> Help | Restart with add-ons disabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have Flash Player installed, not the content debugger.  But I get popups asking about content debugger and the host (these are options, you're supposed to select), but the popup is non-responsive and is hard to get rid of.  I have to recreate the debugger popup.  Which means I'll have to install Flash which messes with my online tasks.  I'll have to wait until the end of the week to do this, it takes up so much of my time.  I've taken a ss of your last post for safe mode.  I'll check in when I can get these issues researched.  Thanks, Pat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question: if you restart Firefox in Safe Mode, does that also happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines