• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing the default workspace

New Here ,
May 11, 2011 May 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Flash Builder 4.5 and I was hoping to choose my default workspace from the installer menu. No such luck. Then I changed the config.ini files to update the default workspace (as per http://www.eclipsezone.com/eclipse/forums/t78109.rhtml) - that didn't work. And the tried Preferences > General > Startup & Shutdown > Workspaces, and checked off "Prompt for workspace on startup" which allowed me to successfully update my "default workspace".

The problem now is when I delete the "Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" folder in my "Documents" folder (I use a mac), it keeps creating new instances the of "Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" whenever I start or exit the program! So if FB doesn't see the folder, it creates a new one on startup and shutdown. Does anyone know how to make it stop?

This is kind of driving me crazy...any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2011 May 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you want to delete the "Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" folder Flash Builder creates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2011 May 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, because I work in a few other environments and want to wrap all the

workspace folders into a "Development" folder. So I still have the "Adobe Flash

Builder 4.5" folder, it's just in a different location from the one Flash

Builder constantly creates for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 10, 2011 Jun 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this? I also find it very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2011 Jul 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. It must be stored somewhere.

I did some experiment to this problem.

I cleared my own question, although it does not really solve mochisani's. Hopefully, this can give you some useful information.

http://rocksoccer.co.cc/computer/programming/flex/try-adobe-flash-builder-4-5-default-workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using the File / Switch Workspace menu?  Run Flash Builder, and look under the File menu for "Switch Workspace".

You'll see a list of workspaces that it already knows about.  If you click "Other" you can create a new one or point to a different one.

I'm on Windows, and this always works for me.  Let me know if it works on a Mac.

Oz

4dtext.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2011 Jul 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also use FB under windows only. The problem for me is not that I cannot open another workspace in other locations. The real problem is that FB always creates a "Adobe Flash Builder 4.5" folder in D: drive, quite annoying. FB always uses that workspace to store the location of any other workspace.

That's why I did that experiment on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried it with my mac and no luck. I'm able to switch workspaces (but that's

nothing new)...it's the fact that the program keeps creating a "Adobe Flash

Builder 4.5" folder in my Documents folder that's really annoying. Thanks for

trying to help, thought the thread was dead...

Good to know that I'm not the only one bugged by this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2011 Nov 18, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do it on a mac by doing this on the Terminal :

ln -s "/OTHER_PATH/YOUR_WORKSPACE/" "~/Documents/Adobe Flash Builder 4.5"

Hope it helps,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2011 Dec 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Same issue, very annoying because my company has defined a profiles threshold policy (50MB, WinXP workstations here), and when we reach it, we must remove files in order to close our session. For instance, default "Adobe Flash Builder 4.6" workspace weights between 7 and 8MB, a lot compared to our little profile space...

el' ~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution for this one? I am using 4.6 on a Mac and having teh exact same issue. I want the documents folder to not have an Adobe Flash Builder 4.6 folder in it since I sync all of my documents through ICloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines