Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't download Adobe Flash

Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the screen " Failed to Initialize" at 50%.  I have uninstalled the previous version of Flash Player and Flash Plug-in, disabled my antivirus program, ensured that the java scripting is enabled, and rebooted the system.  

I have a Windows XP system with Explorer 8, and plenty of storage space and RAM.

I am at my wits end.  Any suggestions would be nice.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be sure : is your problem about downloading or installing ?

Cause these are two different things. Just in case, direct download links are available here : http://helpx.adobe.com/content/help/en/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.ht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I go to the download screen for Adobe Flash and click "download'. I get the next 2 screens and press 'run'. Then I get a screen that says "failed to initialize" at 50%. I think that is during the install, but I'm not positive. I've tried to click on the "direct Link" link on the "flash player help' screen but while it is highlighted, it does not do anything. Thank you for your link, but it just took me to the help screen with the link that does nothing. I need to find the actual Direct Link for the 11.4 versions of Flash Player and that's what I haven't found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Garfdallas1 wrote:

I need to find the actual Direct Link for the 11.4 versions of Flash Player

The link that 8jvu3qfQR provided contains the direct downloads for both Internet Explorer and other browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here are links to direct-standalone installers(These won't have to 'download' the software a second time!)

IE: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_ie/

FireFox: http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines