• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I programmatically import a FrameMaker book into a project?

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TCS 4 (FM11/RH 10)

I'm new to RoboHelp and I'm trying to determine the feasibility of automating the project creation and conversion tasks via RH ExtendScript and command line options. Specifically, I want to:

1. Open a project
  2. Import isf settings
  3. Import (or link) a FrameMaker book file
  4. Generate WebHelp output based on that book file
  5. Save the project based on book file name
  6. Close the project

I have some of these tasks working now via an external .bat file that I call from the command line, but the ExtendScript documentation is very short on real world samples. Does anyone have any specific examples or code samples that accomplish these tasks (particularly the import or linking of FrameMaker book files with the importFrameMakerDoc method)?

Thanks for your time.

Cornelius

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might want to investigate the direct Publishing feature out of FM for TCS users - that way you don't need to invoke RH through your batch file/scripting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

ExtendScript can certainly do what you require. Unfortunately there is no abundance of information on using ExtendScript in RoboHelp. But what the script would really have to do would depend on your requirements: Do you want to always create a new project? Do you want to be able to add FrameMaker books to existing projects?

You may be interested in my introduction to ExtendScript in RoboHelp: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/robohelp/articles/robohelp-extendscript.html

And my extendscript library, with many handy functions to easy scripting: http://www.wvanweelden.eu/premium-content/robohelp-extendscript-library

I also offer consultancy for ExtendScript in RoboHelp. Contact me via contact wvanweelden eu if you like to discuss your options in more detail.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines