• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player not working in safari for Mac os x 10.8

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I have Flash player version 11.4.402.265, Safari version 6.0, and a mac with os x version 10.8

My Flash player isn't working in safari but it does with firefox. Ive updated to the latest version of flash player, enabled java plugins etc, and i have the Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300 plugin and it still says my version of flash player is out of date.

can someone help? Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

This is a *really* old Flash Player.  You should update to a current version ASAP.  You're missing years of security updates, which is not really a situation you want to be in when browsing the Internet.

There are links to current versions the offline installers at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 24, 2012 Aug 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Flash Player version for Mac OS us 11.4.402.265

[topic moved to Flash Player forum]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2012 Aug 25, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the problem is that i have the latest versions of safari, flash player, and mac os and it still does't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2012 Aug 26, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why not mac 10.8 mountain loin for flash player to work together?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's just mine that's not working. That's what I need help with. I think I need to reword my question. 

Sent from my Palm Pixi on the Now Network from Sprint

On Aug 26, 2012 8:59 AM, 1962alray <forums@adobe.com> wrote:

Re: Flash player not working in safari for Mac os x 10.8

created by 1962alray in Installing Flash Player - View the full discussion

why not mac 10.8 mountain loin for flash player to work together?

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at . In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Installing Flash Player by email or at Adobe Forums

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version is reported installed by Firefox on your system?  Can you go to the About Plug-ins help menu in Safari, is Shockwave Flash listed?  Are any plugins listed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2012 Aug 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have adobe version version 11.4.402.265, according to mac system preferences. in firefox i have java applet 14.3.0, shockwave flash 11.4.402.265 and shockwave flash 11.3.300.268, and quicktime. the about plugins menu in safari used to list shockwave, adobe, etc. but now as i check, it just gives me a blank page. also before when i would try to load a video it would say video blocked - get the latest version of flash player but now its just a blank image where the video would be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac 10.6, Flash plugin just updated (11.4), FIrefox 15.

For me too. Neither in Safari nor in Firefox.

Flash doesn't work. But it doesn't work at all, not only for videos. I cannot see any Flash Object. Instead of Flash Object I have a Blank box. RIght click menu is active, I see the Flash menu.

I'm a flash developer and many people visiting the site I administrate contact me because they cannot see videos.

I wanted to try to disable Hardware acceleration, but I cannot change Settings. The global settings work, but the settings not. When i rightclick on the place where it should be the flash object, i get the usual Flash contextual menu, but when I click on SETTINGS and nothing happens. No window appears, and this happens because any flash object is shown on screen.

Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's try this.

Select the Safari menu, then Preferences.  Click the Security tab and verify that "Enable plug-ins" is checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2012 Sep 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problems and Iv tried enabling everything and every troubleshoot problem. Its like its not picking up that Flash is installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work!

I unistalled flash player using: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

and install it again using ( http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.4.402.265/inst all_flash_player_osx.dmg

hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I should have put more info in the description. plugins, java, and java script are enabled. i have flash player version 11.4.402.265 with safari Version 6.0 (8536.25). in the 'installed plugins' window i have java applet, quicklime, shockwave flash, and webkit built-in pdf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so if you go to Safari's help menu and select "Installed Plug-ins", do you see "Shockwave Flash" listed with a version number of 11.4 r302?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i checked and it said shockwave flash 11.3 r300 so i went to adobe and installed shockwave player 11.6.6r636 for mac with OS x 10.6 and above. i installed it and went back to adobe.com to test it and it works, but when i went youtube and other sites it said the same thing, blocked plugin - install the latest version. now my 'installed plugins' page lists shockwave flash 11.3 r300 as well as "shockwave for director - Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.6 — from file “DirectorShockwave.plugin”."

??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shockwave is a different product.  It's confusing, but Shockwave Flash is really Flash Player.  Shockwave 11.6 won't help in this case.  You need to install from this installer:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.4.402.265/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Once done, you should see 11.4 r302 under "Shockwave Flash" listed in Safari's help menu for plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded and installed from the given link but the plugins page still shows shockwave flash 11.3 r300. i checked the computer's system preferences and it shows flash player version 11.4.402.265. i also check the downloads folder and i've already downloaded this file 3 other times when I was trying to fix it. for some reason my safari isn't recognizing flash player. i have safari version 6.0 (8536.25), i think thats the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work

Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent, what was the trick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i unistalled it using the adobe flash uninstaller and reinstalled it again. hopefully this sticks because I read some threads were people would have to unistall and reinstall every so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem and this solution worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a *really* old Flash Player.  You should update to a current version ASAP.  You're missing years of security updates, which is not really a situation you want to be in when browsing the Internet.

There are links to current versions the offline installers at the bottom of this troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it to work!

I unistalled flash player using: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

and install it again using ( http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.4.402.265/inst all_flash_player_osx.dmg

hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines