• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I get my Nook and ADE in sync with my NEW computer?

Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded ADE to the new computer and have been successful in downloading a book from the library.  But ADE will not recognize my Nook, so I can not drag the book to the Nook.  Everything worked great on my old PC.  So I guess my Nook is geared to match up with the old computer, not the new one.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Thank you, Jim and Frustrated, for your assistance.  We have solved the problem (with the additional help of the Barnes and Noble ColorNook support staff).  Turns out that when we installed Nook on my new computer the drivers did not properly download or install.  We uninstalled the old drivers and the Nook folks downloaded new ones.  Now everything is working great.  Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you used the same AdobeId you should be fine.  If you did use the same AdobeID, are you sure your new computer is seeing the nook (does it show up as a drive)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have used the same Adobe ID.  Here's the current status per your question:

1.   With ADE active and my Nook hooked up, my Nook appears as a "device" on the "Devices and Printers" window (in Windows 7).  The Nook's property status reports "This device is working properly".

2.   In the "Computer" window, the Nook does NOT appear as a drive.  The Nook also does NOT appear in the "Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media" window when I remove it from the computer.

What action should I take?  Thanks very much for your assistance.

Earl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADE won't see your Nook, unless the computer sees it as a drive.  So your quest is to get it to see it as a drive.

I would try using different USB ports (if you are hooking it up to a hub, try hooking it up to a different USB port), and if you try using a different cable (one from your phone if it will work, for instance).

Good Luck...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Jim and Frustrated, for your assistance.  We have solved the problem (with the additional help of the Barnes and Noble ColorNook support staff).  Turns out that when we installed Nook on my new computer the drivers did not properly download or install.  We uninstalled the old drivers and the Nook folks downloaded new ones.  Now everything is working great.  Thanks again for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines