Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra space in bullet lists

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, I'm using RH9.  I'm having a problem with the way bulleted lists are appearing in Word (docx).

I've been trying all kinds of things to figure this out and this is my last hope!  I've tried to adjust the css file and that doesn't seem to help.  I didn't know if this is something that switching to RH10 would fix, I haven't tried that.

In RH9, I created a new blank project, added these into the First Topic and clicked the Bulleted Lists button.

image1.png

When I generate a Word (docx) document, my list appears with a lot of whitespace between the top of the list and the first item.

image2.png

How can I get rid of the extra whitespace?  I use these a lot in my project and don't want to have to correct these manually.

Thanks,

Rene.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

Can you please double click on the Printed Document, and check where it is asking you to select the stylesheet. Select the actually CSS which is associated with the Topic and then generate the Doc.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was set to "(None) Use the Project's CSS Styles", I changed it to "default.css" and there was no change.

I'm still getting the extra spacing?

Rene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you create a blank project.

Add the bullets and do not make any change in the default.css. Generate the Doc and at last just change the Stylesheet to Default.css.

I have tested this with blank project and it worked.

Thanks

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The samples I showed in the initial post were done just that way.

I created a new "Blank Project" and added the bullets to the "First Topic", went into "Printed Documentation", generated both PDF & DOCX files.  On the last page, changed the "Apply CSS to all topics" from "(None) Use the Projects CSS Styles" to "default.css".

Same result.  If you'd like, I can send you the project.  It's real small.

Rene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2012 Sep 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can send it to me.

See the Contact page on my site and send the project as instructed there. Do make sure you include a link to this thread and please do not email the project direct.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you create a list in Rh9, it does not automatically apply a style. See the RoboHelp Tour on my site.

In your project I simply selected the list items and applied Normal. Then the Word document matched Design View.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp