• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search Function

Contributor ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to look across  a local folder and its sub-folders ?

Same question for search and replace.

Thanks, Pierre.

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in the Search dialog box under "Scope" select 'Local Directory' then Browse to the location you want to begin from.  There is a checkbox under the Browse option to 'Recurse subfolders'.  That will make it search subfolders as well.

search.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on ColdFusion Search,

I get this opanel :

f_sear.jpg

Not same as you

and no Local sirectory scope,

Thanks for suggestion

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Builder are you running?

I am running version 2.0.0, Build 278082

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two searches.  The in-file search one gets from pressing CTRL-F (or selecting ColdFusion Search from the menu) which is what you have screen-capped, and the main search (CTRL-H, or Search in the Search menu), which is what the other person screen-capped.

There is also the F1 key, which allows you to search for things like "search", the fourth match for which explains how the search works.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't find a search that looks like what he has shown?  You are correct, my original screenshot is of my 'ColdFusion Search...' (CTRL-F).  Here is a screenshot of my 'Search...' (CTRL-H) dialog.

search.jpg

Perhaps the one he is showing is of a standard Eclipse dialog window?

How did you install Builder, using the CF installer or as a plug-in to Eclipse?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, you're quite right: that screen cap of the other person is not that file search.  It's the version of ColdFusion Find one gets when on a full version of CFB: when one is on the Express version, one only gets the version you see.

Anyway, if you go to the second tab there "File Search", you have options for "selected resource".  So click on the dir you want to search within in the navigator first, then use Search > Search and select "selected resource".

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have that option but the original poster has that other search dialog.  Do you know if that version/install of CFB has a way to search folders and sub-folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have that option but the original poster has that other search dialog.  Do you know if that version/install of CFB has a way to search folders and sub-folders?

Did you see this bit of my previous reply:

Anyway, if you go to the second tab there "File Search", you have options for "selected resource".  So click on the dir you want to search within in the navigator first, then use Search > Search and select "selected resource".

That was how to do it.
--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did see your reply but I think you are referring to one of my screenshots.  (My apoligies if I am confused)

Here is the original poster's screenshot.  I don't see a second tab in his dialog?

plarts wrote:

When I click on ColdFusion Search,

I get this opanel :

f_sear.jpg

Not same as you

and no Local sirectory scope,

Thanks for suggestion

Pierre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont worry about what he sees... you're not working on his computer!

Just do what I said.

Do this:

* on the Navigator view, select the directory you want to search

* from the Search menu, select Search (this will show you the screen you screen-capped before, the one with "Aptana File Search", "FILE SEARCH", "Java Search"

* Select the second tab: "File Search"

* Fill in the search boxes appropriately

* Ensure "Selected Resource" (which is the directory you first clicked on) is selected from the Workspace / Selected resources / Enclosing projects / Working set radio buttons.

* Click SEARCH (or REPLACE, if that's what you want to do).

--
Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I think I get it now.  I'm not having the problem.  I know I can search directories.  I was trying to help the original poster and showed him my screen shot.  That is when he posted his screen shot - which is different.

HA!  Sorry for the confusion.  Hell at this point I don't even know if the original poster is paying attention anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haha!  I see.  I thought you were the OP.  I'm with you now.

Yeah, if you have a licensed-up version of CFB, you won't see that screen.  You'll see the one you see instead: it's a "feature" of CFB.

Actually you probably can see it if you go CTRL-F on a non-CF file.  CFB has a weird habit of showing different search boxes for different file types.  The one the OP showed is the default Eclipse find-in-file search box.

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation