• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last patch Malicious or has a virus

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more information than a question. I routinely click on updates for the flash player automatically, but thie time the intstall was viscious. The most recognizable symptom is that it overwrote my home page and even after I restored it, everytime the computer booted it overwrote it again, with some sort of "one..." screen and a yahoo search. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the malicious effects and finally did a system restore prior to that  point of the update. It was the only change to system since the restore point and as soon as I restored to the old point, which fixed the internet option problem back to what it was before, I started getting messages to do an adobe update again. This is part of the problem, not the solution. I want to, at a minimum, stop being told to update it every time I reboot the computer. I will never update if it continues to have those malicious effects. I have a standare, high end Intel/Microsoft Win64 system with nvidia video card. The question is how do I stop the notificiations or install the update without the malicious bullying of taking over my internet options.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the forum for Adobe Reader, not Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I put it on the wrong forum. Thanks for the suggestion (reinstall flash player).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Flash software doesn't carry a virus. However, you could have had some malware installed that was designed to look similar to a flash update install window. This is very common among malware/viruses, as they generally make themselves look just like other types of software people will click on. As a person who regularly removes viruses from 10 computers a day, I would say that the timing of the virus/malware and the flash update install was purely coincidental. You could have had that virus on there for days/weeks before it went active and started showing you and changing things. Try running malwarebytes, that is a good tool to remove some typical malware/viruses in conjunction with an antivirus software. I prefer AVG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines