• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RH9 Lose content categories selection box after first choice

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project generates correctly, conditional tags work perfectly. In the published output though, the category selection box stops working after the first choice is made. Once a category is selected, the user must exit and restart to select a different one. Is that by design?

Initially

portalCategory1.gif

After selecting a cateory - either one.

portalCategory2.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

I'm going to say that from my own experiences, this is most certainly NOT by design. I think something is horked (yeah, that's a technical term) with your files.

Is this happening when viewing the output immediately after generating? Or after uploading to the server?

If immediately after generating, I would think something is amiss with the project. If only after uploading to the server, perhaps you need to ensure ALL files are being properly uploaded.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7, 8 or 9 within the day!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! It is happening immediately after generating. Anything special I should look for? All seems fine with the output – no errors reported.

— Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Test with one of the sample projects – still pooched (another technical term)? Report as bug then - link is always in Captiv8r’s sig

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, next question.

Sorry, but grasping a bit at straws here. I've never encountered this situation nor seen it reported.

Do you have different Tables Of Contents files created and mapped in the individual Content Categories? If not, perhaps that's what is confusing the output.

Another thought occurs as well. Perhaps try creating a new Single Source Layout that has no build expressions and see if things change. Maybe it's related to something odd with the build expression.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, just the one TOC. I will try the clear layout suggestion. Thanks again.

— Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so try just duplicating the TOC a couple of times. Then edit the categories so that they point to the copies. See if that changes anything.

If you aren't using multiple TOCs, what is the point of the Content Categories? What are you hoping to achieve?

Normally they are used to present different sets of content to different categories of users.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using conditional tags in the TOC. Maybe that is the problem.

It’s a small (tiny) help system. I marked the audience-specific content in the topics so when generated there are effectively two help systems delivered. That part is working really well. Thanks for your suggestions.

— Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed I NEVER advocate using tags in the TOC. Yes, I'm well aware the option is there, but to be honest, I've never had anything but bad luck and unpredictability when using them. If you tag a topic and it is excluded, it is automatically removed from the TOC as a result.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

SorcerStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Haven’t had any trouble with tags in the TOC before, but I tried the separate files, just in case. No change.

So... I imported the topics into a new project (it was a very tiny help) and all is working fine now. Something corrupted somewhere, but I cannot take the time to figure out what, especially for such a one-off problem.

Thanks for all your help!

— Catherine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp