• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does anybody know how I would create this photo slider?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any tutorials on how to create this effect with the photos: http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/global/reservations/beach_vacations

I'm a bit green on AS3 but do know how to create basic functions, event listeners, etc.

Any help/advice would be great.

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might be able to find a tutorial for a slideshow that has the same basic principles, though you are not likely to find one that exactly matches what you show as an example.

That particular design doesn't rely too heavily on Actionscript for the way it works.  It basically lines up all of the images inside an object (MovieClip/Sprite) and tweens the x property of that movieclip an image's width for each successive image.  If you pick an image a distance away from the current one, then it tweens that many images times an image's width to get to the image selected.

The thumbs at the bottom just have a small rectangle inthe background that moves relative to whichever image is currently showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned - that makes sense and actually since you put it that way I could do that part on my own without a tutorial, but I think the thing that throws me off is how the green box at the bottom knows how/where to move (up and down) depending on what's being clicked. How would that part work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably a couple of ways one could attack the green box.  You could use the thumbnails' x/y properties to dictate where the green box is heading since they need to have ties to the main images... if image 3 is about to show, then you move the main movieclip to show image 3 while you move the green box to thumbnail 3's location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ned....talking through it with you, I ended up figuring it out in about 15 minutes lol...no tutorial needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool... you're welcome.  You'll find alot of designs can turn out that way when you just think about 'em a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines