• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Flash Player Plug-In Not installed?

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed 11.4.402.265 version on my system.  The Adobe homepage confirms it is installed, as do the settings on my machine (below):

However,  FlashPlugIn.jpgthe Plug-in Version apparently is not installed, and I believe this is causing problems with some of the websites I'm trying to use it with.  Any help? 

I'm running IE9 and have already confirmed that the "Shockwave Flash Object" is enabled in my add-ons.  ActiveX filtering is also disabled.  I have uninstalled (using the flash player uninstaller in control panel) and reinstalled multiple times with the same result.

Thanks,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try resetting IE. Go to Tools, Internet Options, the last tab called Advanced, then click the 'Reset' button. Once this is done, try to play a youtube.com video. Let me know if this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are we using youtube as the test-case here?  If so you should know I currently can view youtube videos, even before the IE reset.  I'll let you know if it fixes the problems I was having with other websites after I complete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Youtube.com uses Flash to play their videos. It is an easy way to tell if flash is working properly or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reset IE, and went to youtube.  Still worked as before.  Then tried the other source (an online education course) and it still seems to be malfunctioning, as content that should be displayed is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Education courses usually don't use Flash, they use Java. Try updating to the latest version of Java at: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I right click on the blank window where content should appear, it brings up the Adobe Flash menu (Settings, Global Settings, or About Adobe Flash Player version XXX...).  Thus I figured it was probably a flash problem.  I do have Java installed however, and recently did update it:

AddOns.jpg

EDIT: Verified I do have the most current version of Java installed and working on my computer by following the link you provided.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a public site? If so, give me a link and I'll double check to make sure the website is working properly. Your flash is working properly, java is updated, and using IE9. And IE9 was recently reset... Did you check the box during reset to delete browser history as well? Your browser may be using a cached file that is bad. Make sure you clear browser history and try again. Outside of that, it appears it could be a website error. Does it work for other people? Other computers/browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately no, it's not a public site.  It's an investing course available only for TD Ameritrade customers, accessible only with a log in.  I did not delete the browsing history; I'll try that next.  I did try 2 other computers and it didn't work either.  One had Windows 7 and the other had Windows XP.  They both had an older version of flash (11.1.XXX...).  It seems like it could be a website issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would have to agree. If youtube videos work, there is no reason why other flash stuff wouldn't work. Browser history would be a last ditch effort at this point, but it sounds like TD needs to fix their website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, clearing browsing history hasn't worked either.  Is there any reason though that the Flash settings panel would still show that the plug-in wasn't installed?  It just seems like that still might be an issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure on that, but I think we can safely say that Flash isn't the issue. It is the site. If Flash wasn't working, neither would youtube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you only use Internet Explorer, then you don't need the plugin - IE uses the ActiveX add-on.

Other browsers like Firefox or Opera use the Flash Player plugin.  You can download it from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2012 Oct 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Pat.  I too was having the same problem when I tried to view a video on any site.  I also noticed that I did not have the pluggin installed(new computer with Win7) after downloading Adobe Flashplayer.  Went to the link you provided and ran the download providing the pluggin and "Presto."  I can now view video's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines