Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Having trouble with Flash Player in regards to youtube

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Recently I started having trouble with Flash Player in regards to using it with youtube. Sometimes all I see is a blank white screen and sometimes I do see the video with no surrounding youtube webpage or suggested videos etc. Nothing has changed on my computer as far as I know except the usual updates etc. I have tried uninstalling Flash Player and reinstalling with no luck. I even tried an older version. I am running windows XP and IE and have McAfee for my anti-virus. I am not the most computer savy person in the world and could sure use some help.

Thanks,

Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post the problem screen shots?

Is the problem only with youtube or other site as well?

Does youtube vidoe play OK or vidoe doesn't play?

Which old version of Flash Player did you try?

thanks,

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Hitomi,

Thanks for your reply. Just tried youtube again and the video came up for a second or two and then it went right back to a "white screen". I can view youtube if it is a wmv file but not Adobe Flash which seems to be a majority of them. Have not tried any other sites. The older version I tried was 10.3 I think. Any suggestions?

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your issue is same for both 10.3 and 11.4, your issue might be from your environment. Please try following sites:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=56115

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=143007

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube

If your problem is not just youtube, please provide the link for the problem site link and additional information. Screenshot for the problem is always helpful to know your problem.

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your display adapter, device driver version & date?  See http://forums.adobe.com/thread/945765

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hitomi,

Thanks for the links. I am pretty sure it is not a problem with Flash Player itself but something else that is causing this. I don't know how to do a "screen shot", but even if I did I don't know that it would do anygood to show that because the youtube video screen and surrounding webpage only show for a second and then it goes totally white.

Pat,

Here is what I found:

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Driver Provider          Intel corporation

Driver Date               6/8/2005

Driver Version          6.14.10.4332

Digital Signer               Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatability Publis

Update:

This morning after doing some further reading and research on the Internet I tried running youtube in the  "InPrivate Browsing" window and youtube worked fine. So thinking I should delete my Internet Browing History, Cache, and Cookies, based on what I read I went ahead and did that but it still doesn't want to work. I think I did the deletions correctly? As I mentioned above I am not very computer savvy but can get by on the basics. Where should I go from here based on this info?

Thanks,

Ron                

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have further ideas or suggestions I can try?

Thanks,

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still don't answer my question whether your problem happen only in youtube or other video site as well.

You may want to try this troubleshoot page:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/video-playback-issues.html

Hitomi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hitomi,

I just tried another website that uses Flash and the video played just fine and I had no problems with the surrounding webpage. It apparently is something on Youtube that Flash does not like. I have tried many of the trouble shooting techniques with no help. I have also tried deleting the cookies and cache on my computer thinking something was corrupted but that does not seem to help. Any specific ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. I am not the most computer literate person in the world but I can follow basic instructions if you can give me some things to try please..

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If so, I recomend you to go youtube help forum.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs

You should click 'watching video' section and narrowing down to an issue you are seeing. Hope it help you.

Hitomi

(update)

I just checked 'Videos don't play on channel page using Internet Explorer '  and it mention about compatibility mode setting that you may wan to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines