• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Presenter Preview settings not working for slide timing

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why won't Adobe Presenter allow me ot reset timings in the preview playback settings to use the slide timings? The setting remains unchanged in the Previewer.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 12, 2012 Sep 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Maizel,

I have this problem too and I more or lest find it. You can see in this post http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1064544?tstart=0

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2012 Sep 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the slides show the correct playback time when published locally or to Connect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how Maizel publish but I publish locally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me they don't. This is simply the presenter viewer locally and it happened after I imported a long audio file into Powerpoint. Presenter truncated the slide time for all the slides and then kept those settings. They were not editable after that. Deleting the  selected viewer theme and creating a new one failed to change the timing on each slide or allow any timing to be changed.  I have a feeling that part of the file should have been overwritten by a new viewer Theme but wasn't and the bad parameters remained locked into the program...or something similar.

Any explanations ? Thank you Chim_tu_do. M Maizel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe it would be related to the presentation theme. The timings of the slides is dictated by the amount of audio or silence on the slides. There may be an issue where Presenter automically adjusts the timing of the other slides when importing audio. I'll have to test that.

I have seen Presenter 8 remove the 5 seconds of silence from a presnetation when I record audio to it, and then I have to manually add silence for slides in the audio editor. Not a fun or fast process, but it gets the job done. Adjusting the default timing doesn't seem to have an effect on the presentation that is having issues, from my experience. So you may just have to use the Edit Audio tool to add/remove silence from your project to make it right.

You may also want to contact Adobe support, as these are the types of issues that they should be aware of, so they can get fixed. 800-945-9120.

Alternatively, you could submit a bug report for presenter here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jorma,

Thanks for your response, but as you have noted, this is a long way 'round and a lot of extra work - especially since the files really ARE truncated including images and sound.  It's enough to have one customer say this program "scares" them. Reminds me of the old days with Microsoft Word when you had to constantly save what you had (which it now does automatically, of course) so you don't lose the whole thing. The "synching" and parsing of the imported sound file is a royal pain.   Seems like Adobe can build a much better solution. Too bad, because the previewer is really very nice.

Will "do" the bug submission. Many Thanks. M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't disagree that it is frustrating, and it should get fixed. Historically .0 releases of Presenter have... well... had character. 7.0.0 was almost unusable, and 6.0.0 had it's fair share of issues. Usually the first .X releases fix all of the major issues and 90% of the small issues.

The best thing we as paying users can do is to ensure that the product team knows about the problems we are running into (and it doesn't hurt to have the previous version close at hand, just in case). Since this is the Captivate Team's first run at Presenter (and the biggest improvement it has seen as long as I have been working with it), I'm willing to roll with the punches. I expect it to be updated and fixed fairly quickly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Captivate (6.0) handles just this issue extremely well.  I have had no porblems with the recorded voice overs and multi-slide backgrounds.  So if the same team is doing Presenter, Hooray !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources