• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash builder 4.7 iOS Debug Binary (IDB) component is not installed.

New Here ,
Sep 15, 2012 Sep 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error below consistantly. Is the IDB supposed to be part of the flex 4.6 sdk or part of an air sdk? (I've not seen it in either)

Some components required to launch the application were not found. Please reinstall the AIR SDK and try again.

The iOS Debug Binary (IDB) component  is not installed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Flex SDK 4.6 has AIR 3.1 which doesn't have the support of IDB. So, if you wanted to use USB debugging for iOS, please create an ActionScript Mobile Project which has AIR 3.4 that supports IDB, else download the AIR SDK 3.4 and overlay it on Flex 4.6 SDk.

AIR SDK download link: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/air-sdk-download.html

Overlay help document link : http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk. html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Hari

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2012 Sep 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In Flash builder 4.7 beta, the AIR SDK version is 3.4. I got "Air SDK 3.4 is being used for ActionScript projects" in Installed Air SDK. But I get the same error. Is the deploy for iOS supported in flash builder 4.7 beta?

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2012 Sep 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Matt,

I had the same issue, and finding simple sources for updating Flash Builder 4.6 to compile with Air 3.4 SDK & Flash Player 11.3, was not easy for folks.  So I produced a video that makes the process of updating Flash Builder 4.6 to ANY New Air Runtime...an Easy Process.  Here is the video link, and I hope this helps you and others. Here is the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFBpGZkp4KU&feature=plcp

Craig Workman

Software Architect | SwitcHHat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked a treat for me Craig, thanks.  One note.  The video reflects 4.6 and not changes in FB4.7beta when it comes to changes in the project properties/preferences.  Very slight change, but if you don't know to look for it, it can be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2012 Oct 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bramblethorne,

You are right...the video title does make it a little confusing.  From the beginning, I should have just said, "This tutorial will assist you in ALL your future Adobe Air SDK Upgrades for Flash Builder!".  So maybe I'll re-record a new version just for FB 4.7.

Thanks for the note!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines