16 Replies Latest reply: Sep 15, 2012 10:31 PM by jondabau RSS

photoshop elements 10 and actions

jondabau Community Member

I recently downloaded the free trial of photoshop elements 10 and had purchased actions from Pure Actions.  I thought I got the actions into my free trial but I cant or dont know where to find them.  It has been extremely difficult to get the actions loaded and they are not willing at all to help me.  They sold them to me and now dont really care if I get them downloaded or not.  I would not purchase from them......again.  Can someone PLEASE help me to get them downloaded so I can use them?  I have followed the turorials and just am at my wits end.  PLEASE  HELP!!!!!

• 1. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions
          R_Kelly Community Member

Very good instructions here for installing actions in photoshop elements:

http://www.texaschicksblogsandpics.com/photography-page/installing-actions-in-photoshop-el ements/

What operating system?

I guess you already looked here:

http://purephotoshopactions.com/?page_id=16

• 2. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

I will try anything!!  I used Pure's directions and when it got to the end she lost me when she wanted to open up another c drive and do something with it to load them.  I've been trying off and on for a good 6 months to load them and get frustrated and quit trying.  So when they are loaded into my photoshop, they should be on the right all in individual tiles and each action named?  What do I do to find them?  Under guided actions?  I'm sorry I'm trying to learn all this on my own,,,,self teaching and reading and it gets very frustrating.  Thanks for your reply I'll try it!!!!

• 3. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Sorry windows 7 and photoshop elements 10

• 4. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Im so sorry but I am still beyond frustrated!!  This is just rediculous for this to be this difficult.  I can see them on my computer but can't find them or get them into my pse10.  I just don't know what to do!!!! 

• 5. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions
                  Barbara B. CommunityMVP

Did you try the texas chicks' directions?

• 6. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

I did try it and would have been successful but just a slight click I didn't make and I couldn't get it to work.  I ended up paying them to install it....sounds crazy I know, but I've. Even trying to download it for so long I couldn't take the frustration any more.  I'm new to all of this and am trying to learn Photoshop.  I think I'm going to buy 10, as I have the trial right now.  So got the actions in and now it's not only just the click of an action but layers in it too.  SO,,,,,any hints, information, tips or whatever to help me learn this would be welcome.  I think I might take some of their online classes.  How did all of you learn this?

• 7. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions
                      Barbara B. CommunityMVP

I learned mostly by trial and error. Lots of both, and asking lots of questions.

I think I'm going to buy 10, as I have the trial right now.

I would use up the thirty days before you do, at this time of year.

I'm not sure who "their" refers to when you say "their online classes", but if you are looking for an online course that is like a real class (with other students, assignments and so on), I can heartily recommend Sara Froelich's courses at lvsonline.com. (I don't get anything for recommending her, but I've never met anyone who took her course who didn't like it.)

There are also tons of free tutorials online. You might start by looking around at tv.adobe.com.

• 8. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions
                        photodrawken Community Member

We're all guessing that PSE11 will be released this month, so you'll probably want to hold onto your money until then.

Reading the Help files is what I did to learn PSE.

When the Help is open, there's an icon in the upper right corner for "View as PDF", then you can save that PDF to your computer for reading and searching. (Do that for both the Editor and the Organizer, since the help files are separate.)

I also found the Adobe TV tutorials very helpful:

http://tv.adobe.com/product/photoshop-elements/

You'll want to view the tutorials for PSE8, PSE9, and PSE10 because some of the tools were unchanged and new videos weren't created for the newer versions. When you watch the videos, look to the right of the video viewer -- some of the tutorials have sample files for download so you can practice on the same photos used in the tutorial.

What I've found is that these are the 3 most important things to get comfortable with in PSE:

1. Making selections.
                        2. Using Layers.
                        3. Using Masks.

If you have questions, you know where to find us....

Ken

• 9. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Thank you so much for all of that information!!  Much appreciated!!  A question for you tho, I paid someone to install the actions I bought into my trial of 10.  I'm afraid I would have a lot of trouble getting them into 11.  Should I buy it tho just coming out?  Bugs or anything to work out?  I'm anticipating that release and will just hold off then. 

• 10. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Well, if you like what you see in PSE10, you're pretty much guaranteed to like PSE11.  Adobe rarely acknowleges the bugs in its software and never lists the bugs fixed by newer versions, so you'll just have to take it on faith that the new version does fix some bugs....

I can't imagine that installing actions into PSE11 will be much different than installing actions into PSE10, so you'll probably have the same issues and will need to rely on the instructions on the Texas Chicks site or pay them to do it for you.

Ken

• 11. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Sounds good.  I paid her $75.00, so I'm going to have to do it myself this time!!  I am not going to pay that every time I buy actions,,,,,LOL.  THANKS!

• 12. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Oh,,,,I do have a question I just thought of.  The actions I have are for PSE 10, and as are all of the other actions out there.  Will they be comparable with 11 or will companies have to put out new actions?  That would make me not want to buy 11.

• 13. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Once the authors of those actions have had a chance to digest PSE11, you'll have to ask them.  There's really no way to guarantee (ahead of the PSE11 release) that those actions will work in it.

Ken

• 14. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

So, what would you suggest?  Is there going to be much of a difference from 10 to 11?  I just don't really want to wait 6 more months or whatever for them o come out with new ones,,,,,suggestions?

• 15. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

You don't have any choice but to wait and install the trial version of PSE11, since anyone who now knows what the differences are will be shot, drawn and quartered, and consumed in flames for revealing that info.

It's just a fact of life that you're at the mercy of software developers as to when they update their wares, if that's necessary.

Ken

• 16. Re: photoshop elements 10 and actions

Ok,,,,,well I'm confused