Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Padding problem

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using RH9 and have certain paragraphs where I using "Borders & Shading" to add a silver Shade and padding around certain text.  When I generate a Word (docx) document the padding is totally different even though I'm using the same css file.

Why isn't the padding getting imported into Word properly?  Is it a problem in RH or Word or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Rene.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2012 Sep 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the padding the same in all tables in Word? If it is, then I would put it down to Word being Word.

From RoboHelp 9 you can map tables and that may help. Otherwise on my site there is a macro that will find all tables and then make whatever changes to put in the macro. You will need to have some understand of writing macros.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Peter,

Thanks for the idea.  I'm in the process of chaging all the shaded paragraphs to tables.  That seemed to solve my problem.

Now, I'm running into an issue with bullets.  After running the printed documentation generation, and opening the document in Word, there seems to be an extra line added before the bullets.

Do you know if this is something that can be corrected in the Style Sheet or a converison issue?  I don't feel that the Word document should look any differently than it does in RoboHelp!

Thanks again,

Rene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can see whether or not it really is an extra line or just extra spacing by turning on paragraph marks in Word.

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's extra spacing.  Extra spacing is being added above the first bullet and after the last bullet.

Rene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Recreate the problems in a new project with just one topic. Then see the contact page on my site and send me the zipped project. I will look at it as soon as I can.

@petergrainge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp