Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

XDCAM-EX problem with .MOV files on Premiere CS6

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I've been working in a video project on Premiere CS5 with video files .MOV from a JVC camera and from a Sony XDCAM EX. I've installed the Premiere CS6 TRIAL. The project has been converted: I get to watch and edit the .MOV files from the JVC Cam, BUT I can't load the media .MOV from XDCAM EX, It says the codec is missing or unavailable... I got the same problem with some .DV files working before on CS5...

I looked for the codec info and I found this one: MediaCoreQTCodecRulesCS6.xml

It shouldn't be working?

Why if all the files were working with Premiere CS5, They are not with Premiere CS6, being this one the latest version of the software? Is it due to be a trial version of the software?

I would really appreciate your help on this issue!

Have a good day!

Zoila

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this??? (I don't use those files, so only post a saved link)

CS6 Bug XDCAM http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1009064?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John!

Thanks for your help but unfortunely the problem I got is that I can't even load or watch the .MOV XDCAM files on Premiere Pro CS6 Trial...  I'm trying to figure it out. keeping on searching a solution...

Thanks again!

Zoila Filmadora

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since MOV requires Quicktime... what version of QT do you have installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Time Version 7.6.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Officially you need FCP installed to work with XDCAM EX Movs. Are you on a mac or PC?

However, this is an update for quicktime on macs that gives you the XDCAM EX codec:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1396

Not sure if there's an equivalent for PCs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks lasvideo!

I've already installed the codec, Now I get to import .DV files, .VOB files and .MOV files from XDCAM EX, ...BUT there is a watermark from Calibrated codec on the video, Guessing It's because It's a demo version...

The only way to set it well is purchasing the product..?

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome.

Yes you are running a demo. The watermark will remain until you pay for the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on PC. I've seen already those files running on Premiere Pro CS5, I guess I'm missing that codec Calibrated {Q} XD Decode our friend lasvideo is talking about.

Thanks for your help! I'll try to get that update for quicktime you linked if there is one for PC's...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bud,

I am on a PC and shoot with EX1 with no problems and I shoot with a Atomos Samurai (records in prores .MOV) and they work fine. Have you installed the sony XDCAM Clip Browser and SXS device driver and try download Windows 7 Codec pack 4.0.4.

it all works fine on all my machines

Dax

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoila, Are you resolved you problem?

I´m test CS5 Trial, updated, and working with XDCAM EX without problems. Probably correct work because installed mpeg2 component for QT (My Version up to 7.6). PC with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Remmember that XDCAM is in essencial mpeg2, this is the key.

Greettings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2013 Feb 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Erick,

Have you tried using this on cs6?  I have switched from a Mac to a PC and I have a bunch of old projects that are now unreadable because premiere pro cs6 will not read the xdcam codec.  I'd like to avoid purchasing the $100+ dollar codec to get this resolved.  Thanks for any help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wahoo...

In this moment I don't have any video in xdcam ex, can you send me one, for test? 5 seconds +/-

In 24- hours ,I testing and send the results. My mail is gzz.erick(a)gmail.c0m.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure. Thanks for the response. Coming at you in a couple mins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2016 Sep 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem, Install flip4mac and enjoy all XD-cam footage on premiere pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines