Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

importing links to slides within powerpoint presentation

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a 70 slider powerpoint file which have links within the presentation. Like there is a home button on every slide, which when clicked in slideshow view takes the user to the introduction slide..

Also there are around 20 controls each of which is linked to its description slide and the descripti0on sldie also has a back linking to go back to the slide which mentions the control.

Is there any way to do such linking while importing the powerpoint to captivate?

Also, is there any way when i can link an object (picture) to some slide.

I mean when i paste individual object to captivate from some external source, it gets pasted as a picture.

So, if i want to link that picture to some slide, would that be possiblle?

I tried using smart objects in captivate which solves this probblem but, i didnt have any luck with linking a picture. But due to limited shapes available in smart objects, im not able to show the meaning of that object properly to a user.

Please help! Urgent!

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

SInce you talk about smart shapes, I suppose you use Captivate 6. Normally the links will not be imported, but you can create them in Captivate.

Did you know that you can put a picture in a smart shape? Be sure to know the dimensions in pixels of the image, create a rectangle smart shape with the same dimensions, then use the third icon in the Fill accordion (tagged as Texture) and browse to the image. If the image has transparent pixels, be sure to set the slide quality to High or Optimized.

You

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SInce you talk about smart shapes, I suppose you use Captivate 6. Normally the links will not be imported, but you can create them in Captivate.

Did you know that you can put a picture in a smart shape? Be sure to know the dimensions in pixels of the image, create a rectangle smart shape with the same dimensions, then use the third icon in the Fill accordion (tagged as Texture) and browse to the image. If the image has transparent pixels, be sure to set the slide quality to High or Optimized.

You cannot link a picture to a slide but if you have a smart shape, that can be used as a button that can have the action 'Jump to slide' attached to it. Another approach is to put a click box over the picture (click box is transparent) and add the action to the click box.

BTW: a smart shape can also double as a rollover, so you can create a tooltip that way.

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lilybiri!

i wasnt aware of either of them!

The clickbox feature would be of great help to me in this project!

Thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is this question answered? It is still marked as unanswered,

Lilybiri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources