Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gradient as a Table Background Works, but Color is Wrong

Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2006 Nov 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

I've created gradients in Web pages as well as in tables in Web pages, but I can't seem to get it to work properly in WebHelp. I can get the gradient to display in a table, but the colors are not right--it is dark blue to black (close to my skin colors?); the color should have been pale grey to white. I want to put the gradient in the page header or in the page header table. Either will work for me. I don't want the whole page to have a gradient, only the header.

After entering the code in Truecode, after I save the file and go back and look at the page, the color delimeters are gone! The rest of the code is there. Weird.

Robohelp keeps everything in the statement up to "Microsoft.Gradient" and discards the rest consisting of (endColorstr='#EEEEEE', startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');" which is what determines the colors. RoboHelp also as changes the single quotes and adds spaces.

Here is the code I used, after the last !. Any suggestions would be welcome.

!===!<p>Gradient Table Example</p>
</p>
<table border="1" width="100%" id="table1">
<tr>
<table style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#EEEEEE', startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');"</style width="1036">

<td>Table is here.
<p> </td>
</tr>
</table>

Regards,
Diana

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2006 Nov 29, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diane.

Here's more of a workaround solution... There could be those more technically savvy than myself willing to chime in.

This could just be RoboHelp TrueCode's special little way of saying "I don't think so!"

I'd suggest modifying everything that you need to in WYSIWYG, generate, and then go to where your HTML files are (that you want to add the gradients to), and then add the gradient code in Notepad.

Then don't go back into that file with WYSIWYG in RoboHelp! Otherwise chances are good that RoboHelp will get its fingers in there and mess your code up again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 30, 2006 Nov 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, change your default editor to DreamWeaver, or something equally non-meddlesome....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah, I wish! I need the WebHelp TOC though. I've used Dreamweaver and RoboHelp to create WebHelp before. It worked like a charm 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: DiMost
Hah, I wish! I need the WebHelp TOC though. I've used Dreamweaver and RoboHelp to create WebHelp before. It worked like a charm :-)

I think I lost a bit of what you were saying there, but what I'm seeing is that you're thinking the TOC won't work if you use Dreamweaver as your default editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2006 Dec 08, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:

Didn't know it was possible to create the whole help file in Dreamweaver, TOC and all.....how do you do that? Or are you talking about using Robohelp, but setting the default HTML editor to Dreamweaver?

Hmm. Something to think about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote:

Originally posted by: DiMost
Or are you talking about using Robohelp, but setting the default HTML editor to Dreamweaver?

Hmm. Something to think about.

Yep. Do whatcha need in the TOC in RoboHelp. Then with Dreamweaver set up as the default HTML editor, topics will open up there rather than in WYSIWYG / TrueCode. Generate your project, and RoboHelp will tie everything together (without goofing your gradients up).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Diana hasn't mentioned here is that she is creating merged webhelp, unless we are talking about a different project.

If Diana or anyone else goes down the route of using Dreamweaver as the editor with a merged project setup, you would need to set up the source project as a "site" in Dreamweaver to make creating cross project links easier.

If you don't take that simple step, Dreamweaver will create absolute paths with the resultant mayhem.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: Peter Grainge
If you don't take that simple step, Dreamweaver will create absolute paths with the resultant mayhem.

Oops, I didn't realize there was merged webhelp involved.
Thanks for clarifying that, Peter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp