Exit

Bone Tool Flash CS6 HELP!!

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2012 Sep 16, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Here's my problem:

I have a .psd file and the arm I am working with has already been layer-separated and broken apart. Right now I have two issues: When I convert it to a Graphic Symbol the bone tool will not work at all on it! It will show up but not allow me to use it. I know I'm supposed to convert to a symbol so I'm not sure why the tool won't work when I do. I've tried to make it a Movie Clip and that won't work either.

When I undo convert to symbol and use the bone tool on just the broken apart image, after connecting the joints my entire image disappears but the bone tool remains.

Here is picture of what I'm working with:

Screen Shot 2012-09-16 at 11.20.53 AM.png

All other layers are hidden/locked. I have some layers that have been tweened and converted into smoke motion presets (not sure if that makes any difference).

Thanks in advance! I cannot find the answer anywhere for the life of me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you are not linking correctly with bone tools. Create a graphic symbol with your bitmap and check the tranformation point. 90% it should be in the center of image. You can change the transformation point using the transformation tools. Then link  one object to another object using bone tool. Linking works  from one object tranfomation point to another object tranformation point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2012 Dec 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That video is a bad example, since a broken-apart bitmap only becomes a shape with a bitmap fill in it. The boning would not alter the image, only the shape.

What you want is to actually edit out the arm (in Photoshop) and seperate it into sections like hand, forearm, upper arm, etc and then import those individual bitmaps (with transparent background). Then make each one a symbol (Graphic or Movieclip) and then you can link them with bones.

Here is a good tutorial: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/character_animation_ik.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines