• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Default Japanese font setting in Linux

Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using flashplayer in Debian/Ubuntu, and default Japanese font setting in flash is kind of crap...

It seems that Kochi font should be installed.  Kochi (東風) font is very old and it is not used so much

as 10 years ago Now Linux users use VLGothic or IPAGothic as Japanese font by default.

My question is,

- How users can change default font setting?

- Where/who is the contact address for this issiue?

#I'm also maintainer for most of Japanese font packages in Debian/Ubuntu. In my opinion, Kochi

should be dropped in near future (see package description)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 01, 2012 Sep 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you don't hear anything about this issue within a few days, please send a PM to http://forums.adobe.com/people/libflashplayer.so and/or http://forums.adobe.com/people/chris.campbell with a link to this topic.

P.S. Hello from another Tokyo resident

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 03, 2012 Sep 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Pat, it's very helpful

I haven't known about bugbase.adobe.com glad to know it.

Okay, I'll stay a few days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately, i was told the font is hard coded and as a user, you do not have an option to swap out  the font you would like to use.  as an author of content, you could specify which font to use for each text field though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 10, 2012 Sep 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That hard-coded default font; is that in Flash Player?  If so, can that be changed for future Linux releases?  Or won't there be any more FP releases for Linux?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 02, 2012 Sep 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually the best way to approach this is to enter a Feature Request in https://bugbase.adobe.com/

then post the bug link URL back here in the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 18, 2012 Sep 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've posted this issue to bugbase.adobe.com as Adobe Flash Player 11.2  -  Bug 3330991.

Hope someone in Adobe would look this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines